August 15, 2019
August 13, 2019
Combat Test 2 is the second experimental version of a future combat update. Although it is a version for a future major release, this combat experiment is a fork of 1.14.4. This version was released only on Reddit, so it does not appear in the launcher or in any Minecraft.net blog post.
- Attacking while crouching will now disable the shield during the attack.
- Shield is reenabled after the weapon has reached 200% charge.
- Removed auto-attacking by holding the attack button.[note 2]
- Weapon reach is always active and increased by half a block during a special attack.
- The hotbar attack indicator now only appears after the attack is 100% recharged, showing the progress of reaching 200% charge instead.
- Will now protect against critical attacks again.
- Decreased the attack speed of all swords to 2.5.
- Increased damage to 8.
- From the previous development version
- Weapon cooldowns now no longer apply to players in Creative mode.
- Fixed scale of the hotbar attack indicator.
Video made by slicedlime:
This version is not supported on the bug tracker, and as such issues relating to this version will not be fixed.
- Unzip this file in the .minecraft/versions folder.
- Hold to auto-attack will always be enabled for controller and touch controls.
- "Update: Custom Java Edition snapshot to test new combat mechanics (version 2)" – u/jeb_ on Reddit, August 15, 2019