If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post on the talk page.It is worth noting that numerous fake copies of this version exist, so please consider checking the dates of the files inside.
September 1, 2009
Client not archived
- Added as an entity.
- Can be spawned by pressing B.
- Can not be edited.
- Always says "This is a test of the signs. Each line can be 15 chars!"
- Can be shot by pressing Tab ↹.
- Took 7 shots to kill mobs. Deal 3 damage.
- Are a lot darker than normal.
- Return to normal when hit.
- Explode on death.
- Deal 2 to 6 damage upon hit and up to 12 × 6 damage upon death in its explosion.[verify]
- They make melee attacks instead of blowing the player
- Deal 1 to 6 damage.
- Deal 1 to 7 damage.
- Survival mode
- Score can only be seen after death.
- Killing zombies give 100 points.
- Killing skeletons give 100 points.
- Killing creepers give 250 points.
- Killing pigs give 10 points.
- Visual feature only; provides no protection.
- Can only be worn as a helmet or chestplate by zombies and skeletons.
- Readded sapling particles, although they are now darker than before.[verify]
- Options menu
- Bobbing and the View Bobbing option added.
- 3D anaglyph added.
- Level size options under "Generate New Level" are now closer together.
- Mobs and players jump back and flash white when taking damage and have a dying animation.
- Enemies fall over when killed.
- Right-click to build and left click to mine.
- The player can autojump again.
- Player reach reduced by 1 block.
- Block outline
- White block selection box removed
- Brown mushrooms heal 5 when eaten.
- Red mushroom deplete 3 when eaten.
- Mushrooms no longer decay in darkness.
- Will now grow into a tree if there is enough space and it is placed on grass.
- New level generator.
- Faster rendering.
- If a creeper blows up a liquid, the liquid will drop itself.
- Cracking animation only shows on one side of a block.
- Skeletons can enter 1-block-high holes.[verify]
- Minecraft crashed upon loading for some users.
- OpenGL invalid value bug.
- Arrows do not deal damage after flying for more than 1 second.
- Middle-clicking a block (pick-block) adds it into the player's inventory even when they do not yet have that block.
- Only works on blocks that could previously be copied.
- Doing so will replace the block type of whatever you are holding, but not its amount.
- Placing a block at the build limit will consume the block, destroying it without placing anything.
- Looking at glass no longer makes glass textures directly behind it disappear.[verify]
- Walking on the very edge of a block will cause the amount of sounds required to play to build up. Once the player stands on a block, those sounds play every 0.125 seconds.
- Removed creative mode.
- Removed liquid raising, although sand and gravel will still fall through liquids.
- IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20090901.log. September 1, 2009 (UTC−5).
- "Minecraft Survival Mode - Reaper Creeper"– Telkir on YouTube, September 1, 2009
- "Survival Mode Test Released" – The Word of Notch
- IRC logs: "A11:54:53 <08Notch> http://www.minecraft.net/survivaltest/" (16:54:53 UTC)
- "Minecraft Survival development update"– Internet Video Archive on YouTube
- IRC logs: "P1:23:30 <Drakim> yeah, guys, the bottom is all lava"
- IRC logs: "A11:57:36 <Sharkz> creeper took out loads of water and it dropped water blocks i can place to raise water level"
- IRC logs: "A11:59:28 <liq3> Notch: Cracks are only drawning on one face. :("
- IRC logs: "P12:00:12 <darkparadox> it says the game broke :\"
- IRC logs: "P12:02:40 <Zarigani> OpenGL Exception: invalid value 1281"
- IRC logs: "P12:47:58 <AnnihilatorBeta> if you middle mouse click on a block, you'll get it added to your inventory [...] P12:52:31 <Mikeh> I had 42 soil chunks, Middle clicked a mushroom and now I have 42 red mushrooms, Wooooo"
- IRC logs: "P12:53:08 <Snowman> You can't clone ore [...] P12:53:47 <setveen> Well notch, not really a problem with survivor, but when you middle click an admin block, nothing happenes"