Minecraft Interactive Experience
Do you like this video?
June 29, 2009
0.0.22a was reuploaded at 21:58 UTC to fix players not being able to connect to servers.
- Added first sounds.
- grass, gravel, stone, and wood sounds. Used as footsteps and breaking sounds.
- Grass sounds were used for dirt, leaves, sponge, cloth.
- Gravel sounds were used for sand, gravel.
- Stone sounds were used for stone, cobblestone, gold ore, iron ore, coal ore. High pitched stone sounds were used for glass, block of gold.
- Wood sounds were used for planks, wood.
- No sounds were used for water, lava, dandelion, rose, brown mushroom, red mushroom.
- Added music by C418:
- Added unused wood click.ogg sound.
- Replaced the FPS meter with a frame-rate limiter.
- FPS is now limited to 200.
- Brightened the texture of lava.
- Pre-reupload: Players can no longer connect to servers.
- Sounds are very laggy and choppy in this version for some users.
- Walking sounds continue for a while after the player stops moving.
- Breaking a plant in darkness no longer produces particles. [verify]
- IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20090629.log. June 29, 2009 (UTC−5).
- IRC logs: "P5:21:52 <Rroff> before on just plain 22a sound was fine for me". (22:21:52 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:56:47 <akuryo> notch you did an update?", "P4:56:55 <AlLnAtuRalX> Notch, server update?". (21:56 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:58:33 <08Notch> there we go, the client should work again". (21:58:33 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:58:39 <08Notch> yeah, this is very basic sound". (21:58:39 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:59:46 <akuryo> SOUND IS HERE" (21:59:46 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:59:07 <C418> I actually really love the destroying sound being footsteps". (21:59:07 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:01:06 <AlLnAtuRalX> the footsteps on cloth / grass one" (22:01:06 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:58:59 <AlLnAtuRalX> I love the walk on glass sound". (21:58:59 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:00:04 <AlLnAtuRalX> I hear music?" [...] "P5:00:59 <Quatroking> what the hell is this music" [...] "P5:03:36 <Lmaoboat> Lol, I heared the music after a a while without it, and I was about to yell at my brother for playing the piano again" (22:00:04 to 22:03:36 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:01:51 <C418> I should have made hard techno" [...] "P5:46:34 <08Notch> no, C418 did the music" (22:01:51 & 22:46:34 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:06:14 <08Notch> i took out the fps meter" [...] P5:06:18 <08Notch> and added a framerate limiter". (22:06 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:05:14 <Fishlips> thank you so much for making lava look a thousand times better!" [...] "P5:08:36 <Evil-Ville> ah you made lava brighter" [...] "P5:10:35 <Fishlips> lava has been changed" [...] "P5:10:39 <Quatroking> Yep" [...] "P5:10:46 <Quatroking> just checked the pic on the wiki and this one is brighter" [...] "P5:10:58 <AlLnAtuRalX> New lava owns" (22:05:14 to 22:10:58 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:56:42 <akuryo> I CAN NOT CONNECT ON ANY SERVER". (21:56:42 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:58:34 <AlLnAtuRalX> my sound lags also" [...] "P5:00:37 <AlLnAtuRalX> like a millisecond of sound, a millisecond without" (21:58:34 & 22:00:37 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:00:34 <vdgmprgrmr> It's extremely choppy." [...] "P5:00:51 <vdgmprgrmr> I can't even tell what the sound is supposed to be it's so choppy." (22:00 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:01:51 <vdgmprgrmr> My walking sounds keep going for about a minute after I stop walking.". (22:01:51 UTC)