Minecraft Interactive Experience
Do you like this video?
June 20, 2009
Client not archived
- Accessed by pressing B and lists all available blocks.
- All available blocks previously used to be on the hotbar.
- Light Gray
- Dark Gray
- Spring Green
- Mushrooms and flowers decay when in darkness.
- Players can no longer destroy unbreakable blocks, although admins can.
- Cobblestone and Sand are now available again through the new inventory.
- The scroll wheel for block selection was inverted.
- Removed the FPS limiter because it would cause the computer's clock to speed up.
- Made the player and human skin darker.
- Human mobs no longer have glitched skins.
- Water texture no longer overlaps, causing z fighting.[verify]
- Players can no longer connect to some servers.
- Players can no longer break bedrock in singleplayer.
- IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20090620.log. June 20, 2009 (UTC−5).
- "New server, new client version 0.0.20" – Notch, June 20, 2009, Tumblr
- IRC logs: "P3:53:35 <Notch> new minecraft-server.zip up, new client up, there's a protocol change, so you need to update all servers" (20:53:35 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:55:09 <ZomBuster> but lol where did all the other blocks gone too" [...] "P3:55:23 <Notch> press B" [...] "P3:55:53 <AnnihilatorBeta> SO MANY BLOCKS" (20:55 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:01:23 <Miclee> Where did sponge and glass go?" [...] "P4:01:35 <liq3> Miclee: Press B." [...] "P4:04:19 <Rydia> i can only see 9 of the blocks" [...] "P4:04:25 <Miclee> Hit B" (21:01 to 21:04 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:56:14 <liq3> COLORED BLOCKS" [...] "P3:59:45 <Miclee> THERE ARE COLORED ROCKS?" [...] "P4:03:43 <mezo> the cloth blocks are an awesome addition" (20:55 to 20:59 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:54:30 <ZomBuster> FLOWERS :D", "P3:54:34 <ZomBuster> pretty flowers" [...] "P3:58:53 <C418> wow, there are flowers! :D" [...] "P3:59:07 <ez> oooooh flowers " (20:54 to 20:59 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:01:02 <C418> mushrooms!" (21:01:02 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:27:17 <vdgmprgrmr> Why do the shrooms die in the darkness?" (21:27:17 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:02:10 <Miclee> A white and yellow striped block?" (21:02:10 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:54:59 <liq3> ./solid" [...] "P4:05:44 <Miclee> New admin command: /solid" (20:54 to 21:05 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:56:52 <Notch> admins can place unbreakable blocks now" [...] "P3:56:57 <Notch> players shouldn't be able to break them", "P3:57:00 <Notch> admins can" (20:56 to 20:57 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:02:29 <mezo> notch, you inverted the mousewheel" [...] "P4:02:43 <AnnihilatorBeta> mousewheel seems inverted" (21:02 UTC)
- IRC logs: ""'P3:28:19 <Notch> the fps limiting did not work at all, so I'm taking it out. it caused a whole bunch of bugs with timing" [...] "P3:28:42 <LKA> Notch: I'm guessing the FPS limiting thing was why some of us have been seeing the game going somewhere around 1.5x to 2x faster than it should?" [...] "P3:31:26 <Notch> yes, LKA, I thin kso too", "P3:31:32 <Notch> so I'm taking it out for 0.0.20" (20:28 to 20:31 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:00:09 <Testvan> i cant connect to my own server anymore for unknown reasons" [...] "P4:02:06 <Cameron> lost connection suddenly. java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. The update broke my server, yes I installed latest server too. D:" (21:00 to 21:02 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:02:27 <C418> in single player, you can't delete those blocks [...] the black ones" [...] "P4:04:00 <Crusty> Admin blocks can't be deleted in single player, lol" [...] "P4:05:34 <greenslimy> Bug(or not): you cannot delete the blackrock" (21:02 to 21:05 UTC)