June 19, 2009
Client not archived
- ( recreation) Glass
- Removed sand and cobblestone from the inventory (hotbar) because of a lack of space.
- Water and lava now have animated, and slightly different textures.
- Limited frame rate to 100 fps.
- Generating a new level while on a server, or saving the server level, no longer works.
- Fixed a client crash bug in chat.
- Sponges sometimes do not soak up water when placed and removed in certain ways, especially when water can flow in from above.
- Water cannot be seen through glass.
- Glass cannot be seen through water.
- Glass is invisible in darkness.
- Water has Z-fighting issues.
- Mobs have backwards heads.
- Pressing pick-block on sand gives switches to glass and copying cobblestone switches to sponge.
- A version of Wurm Online, which Notch developed from 2003, is called "0.0.19a".
- June 19 IRC logs: IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20090619.log. June 19, 2009 (UTC−5).
- June 20 IRC logs: IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20090620.log. June 20, 2009 (UTC−5).
- "Client 0.0.19a is up, a server update is required" – The Word of Notch, June 20, 2009, 22:39:41 UTC.
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:35:47 * Notch changes topic to 'http://www.minecraft.net/ | Client 0.0.19a is up, a server update is required!'" (22:35:47 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:40:07 <wingboy> whats the area the sponge defloods?" [...] "P5:40:13 <Notch> wingboy, 5^3" (22:40 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:39:42 <Tiralmo> Spange dissappears after a time period?" [...] "P5:39:48 <Notch> yes, it "dries out". ;)" (20:39 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:56:56 <Droqen> Notch: Sponge doesn't take lava away but it stops it from flowing into the area :D" (20:56 UTC)
- "Glass (looks pretty bad..) and sponge!" – Notch, June 16, 2009, Tumblr
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:59:14 <Notch> I might just revert the glass to the horrible non-transparent texture from the screenshot" [...] "P5:59:49 <Evil-Ville> I actually liked the old glass more Notch" (22:59 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:42:40 <Syndlig> Make the background color on the grass (the gray/white) empty [...] And then make the streaks 50% opaque" [...] "P6:00:20 <UBOA> remove the pixel lines and windows would be perfect" (23:00 UTC)
- June 20 IRC logs: "A5:48:22 <Snowman> the old glass looked better [...] but [...] it was invisible under water"
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:38:29 <Notch> NaiiveMelody: They didn't fit in the inventory. They will come back in the next update" (22:33:29 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:39:20 <wingboy> notch new lava is awesome" [...] "P5:39:54 <Evil-Ville> New water looks nice" [...] "P5:41:55 <Droqen> Whoa, water animation o_o" [...] "P5:46:06 <Droqen> Water is animated" (22:39 to 22:46 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:43:30 <peerkoel> here's a glitch: build two sponges deep underwater next to each other, delete one, it all floods" [...] "P5:44:03 <Droqen> Water can fall into a sponged area if you remove a block from where it would fall into" [...] "P5:45:00 <wingboy> water just filled in around my sponge :P" [...] "P6:00:40 <liq3> OH I see. Make sure thehre's a level of water above both sponges and it'll flood the remaining one." (22:43 to 22:45 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:48:51 <wingboy> water cant be seen through glass :P" (22:48:51 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:45:04 <Tiralmo> I like how you can't see underwater glass from above" (22:45:04 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "'P5:48:20 <peerkoel> hm, glass is totally invisible if it's underground, hard to find my glass bunker" (22:48 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P6:19:54 <liq3> Notch: will the new texture stop z-fighting with water on the sides?" [...] "P6:44:07 <LKA> water has lines between each tile, now?" (June 19, 23:19 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P6:02:45 <greenslimy> mob's heads are backwards! XDD" (06:02 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P6:11:09 <PuyoDead> kinda funny, middle clicking tan sand gives you glass, heh" (06:11 UTC)