May 31, 2009
0.0.15a (Multiplayer Test 1) is a version of Java Edition Classic released on May 31, 2009, at 19:04 UTC. It is the first version of Minecraft with multiplayer compatibility. It is also the only multiplayer test version archived.
- Removed redundant dirt and grass textures, and an unused texture of what seems to be a cloud from 0.0.14a.[more information needed]
- Liquids directly under a block no longer cause an x-ray effect.
- Generated structures
- Trees have a new shape.
- Now look more like modern trees.
- Other players in multiplayer are rendered with the Human mob model.
- Block particles disabled in multiplayer only.
- The player can build inside other players in multiplayer.
- Human mob animation changed (the head and arms no longer flail around as much).[note 1]
- This has been verified by gameplay from this version's jar dated May 31, 2009 at 19:04 UTC.
- IRC logs: #minecraft.20090531.log (May 31, 2009, UTC−6)