Java Edition Classic 0.0.14a_04
May 28, 2009
0.0.14a_04 was reuploaded at 17:43 UTC, eight minutes after release, to try and fix an issue with mouse control; this fix was unsuccessful.
- Added spawn point saving and reloading using the ↵ Enter key.
- Pressing R now sends the player back to the world's spawn point.
- Trees now have a (+) shape for the top layer.
- Fog is now white not blue.
- This is mentioned before the release of 0.0.14a_04
- Fog now gets applied to shadow surfaces.
- This version had an issue with mouse controlling.
- Selecting a plant in darkness causes its texture to disappear.[verify]
- IRC logs, #minecraft.20090528.log (May 28, 2009, UTC+2)
- "0.0.14a_04 now lets you set the spawn point" – The Word of Notch, May 28, 2009.
- IRC logs: "(19:35:52) * notch changes topic to: http://www.minecraft.net/ | http://www.mojang.com/forum/ | 0.0.14a_04 is up. You can now set the spawn point with return." (17:35 UTC)
- IRC logs: "(19:40:02) <justinforasec> hey notch there might be something wrong with mouse control, mines very... weird" [...] "(19:40:22) <mezo> mouse movement seems very bugged" [...] "(19:43:35) <@notch> is the mouse look fixed now?" [...] "(19:44:02) <mezo> mouse is fixed" [...] "(19:44:09) <mezo> nm no it's not" [...] "(19:45:13) <mezo> doesnt do it", "(19:45:21) <mezo> it's fine for about two seconds then it deteriorates" [...] "(19:45:41) <mezo> it's very jittery, as if it's only reading a few dpi" (17:40 to 17:45 UTC)
- IRC logs: "[17:06] <justinforasec> notch this is just a style thing, but did u want the trees to be cubes? i found if u take off the corners they look alot more natural" [...] "[17:07] <@notch> oooh, that IS nicer, justinforasec [...] [17:07] <@notch> I'm definitely making it so for the next version, thank you"(17:06 UTC)
- IRC logs: "[10:35] <justinforasec> i dont get why the fog is blue [...] [10:35] <justinforasec> wouldnt white or greyish be better?"(17:06 UTC)
- IRC logs: "[23:07] <justinforasec> hey the fog is white! [...] [23:07] <justinforasec> ty notch"(17:06 UTC)