If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post on the talk page.It is worth noting that numerous fake copies of this version exist, so please consider checking the dates of the files inside.
May 27, 2009
- Scroll-wheel block picking support.
- Will only pick blocks that number keys can select.
- Improved level format, now supporting the ability to save entities to levels.
- There is now a cap of 256 mobs that can exist in a world.
- Added Clouds.
- Holding down a mouse button allows for auto-building or breaking a block every 0.25 seconds.
- New terrain generator.
- Fog rather than blank areas now control render distance.
- The fog only gets applied on lit surfaces. Blocks in the shade appear as they normally would.
- Ability to choose level size.
- Both Sand and Gravel are affected by gravity - if placed above any number of air blocks, the Sand or Gravel immediately appears at the bottom.
- Gold Ore
- Iron Ore
- Coal Ore
- When broken, particles fall at normal speed.
- Made of logs and leaves.
- The player always spawns at the same place when pressing R to respawn, unless this spawn is underwater.
- Levels do not load properly.
- Clicking "Return to Game" while in build mode will place a block.
- Many features implemented in 0.0.14a are commonly erroneously cited as being implemented in the version 0.0.14a_01.
- IRC logs, #minecraft.20090528.log (May 28, 2009, UTC+2)
- "0.0.14a is up at minecraft.net" – The Word of Notch, May 28, 2009.
- "Holy crap new tiles!" – TigSource, May 27, 2009, 15:31:58, UTC−8
- IRC logs: "(00:26:45) <TheMystic89> seeing a nice number up to the left too", "(00:26:54) <Rotab> 0.0.14? =D" (May 27, 2009, 22:26 UTC)
- "Minecraft water flow test" – YouTube, May 23, 2009. (Archive)
- IRC logs: "(00:34:59) <Rotab> so you have a fixed spawn point now?" (May 27, 2009, 22:24 to 22:36 UTC)
- IRC logs: "(00:24:59) <TrueWolves> Minecraft is not working!" [...] "(00:28:11) <@notch> it doesn't seem to load levels properly, I'm trying to fix" [...] "(00:36:35) <@notch> 0.0.14a_01 is up, fixing the level load bug" (May 27, 2009, 22:24 to 22:36 UTC)
- "Had some issues with level saving/loading" – The Word of Notch, May 25th, 2009
- IRC logs: "[17:16] <justinforasec> I might have found a BUG, when i click to return to game it will lay down a block at the same time" (May 27, 2009, 23:16 UTC)
- "Block of the Week: Leaves" – Minecraft.net, August 18, 2017