June 30, 2011
Beta 1.7_01 is a minor update to Java Edition released on June 30, 2011, to fix some of the bugs and crashes in Beta 1.7. This version is not available through the launcher. However it has been archived elsewhere and is available for download.
- 2 bugs fixed
- Fixed piston bug.
- Blocks that used to make the game crash in Beta 1.7 now just get removed by the piston. Crashed worlds are now able to load again.
- Fixed right-clicking on a sheep empty-handed causing game to crash.
- This version's patch number is inconsistent with the other Beta 1.7 updates. The patch number for this version is "_01", while the others are ".n", with n being the patch number. Version "Beta 1.7.1" does not exist.
- This was the last version worked on solely by Notch.
- This was also the last version to version naming as 1.x_0y.
- "Put up 1.7_01, fixing the right clicking on sheep, and the piston crash, and makes crashed worlds loadable again. Client and server." – @notch (Markus Persson) on Twitter, June 30, 2011