Java Edition Beta 1.6.6
Minecraft Beta 1.6.6
May 31, 2011
- Video Settings
- Added a Performance section.
- Can be set to Max FPS, Balanced or Power saver.
- Changed the material from "glass" to "stone".
- Made glowstone drop more loot (2–4 glowstone dust).
- Made the recipe sizes for creating glowstone smaller (2×2 instead of 3×3).
- Made the recipe sizes for creating wool smaller (2×2 instead of 3×3).
- Can grow grass and flowers on grass blocks.
- Boats float up to the surface quicker.
- Boats falling down into water lose their vertical momentum much faster.
- Crashing into soul sand on a boat now kills the player, but keeps the boat intact.
3 bugs fixed
- Fixed beds not working very well in Multiplayer.
- Destroying a boat will no longer spawn the player too low, causing them to sometimes fall through the ground.
- ⇧ Shift+ clicking a tool into a chest no longer restores it to new.
- The first version of Legacy Console Edition is equivalent to this version.