Java Edition Beta 1.6.3
Minecraft Beta 1.6.3
May 26, 2011
- Water that is 2 blocks deep no longer prevents fall damage.
- Players need at least 3-block-deep water to prevent fall damage.
- The renderer is now capped at 100 fps while there are chunks to be generated. The excess time will be spent generating chunks instead of rendering frames.
- The "limit framerate" option now limits the game to 40 fps and will spend at least 10 ms per frame sleeping.
- The "limit framerate" option has been reset to "off" for all players, enable it again if wanted.
3 bugs fixed
- Fixed some block updates not updating lighting properly under some circumstances by reverting the fix in 1.6 that lead to block data not always being sent.
- Fixed a major CPU load issue in the server where a very tight loop would starve all other threads.
- Fixed furnaces dropping/duplicating their contents when they change state from lit to unlit or back.
- "Minecraft Beta 1.6.3" – The Word of Notch, Tumblr, May 16, 2011.
- "Minecraft Beta 1.6.3 is out, fixing even more stuff!" – @Notch on Twitter, May 26, 2011