Java Edition Beta 1.1
December 22, 2010
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post it on this page's talk page.
Beta 1.1[note 1] is a version of Java Edition Beta, released on December 22, 2010, which added support for special events on specific dates during the holiday period as well as other changes and fixes.
Beta 1.1 was reuploaded 10 minutes after release as the original minecraft.jar did not include the font.txt file, making all text invisible in-game. However, this fix did not work because font.txt was still missing. Notch released a third update a few minutes after that, Beta 1.1_01, which fixed the issue.
- Players who played the game from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day received a Christmas themed cape.
- Players who played during New Year's Eve received a purple cape with an 11 to celebrate the coming year.
- Rewrote leaf decay.
- The font.txt has been removed.
- All text invisible in-game.
- 4 bugs fixed
- Fixed frame rate drops in single player.
- Fixed players getting spammed with data then getting disconnected in multiplayer.
- Fixed an item duplication bug in multiplayer.
- Fixed "fancy" characters not working in the game by detaching font resources from the code.
- Visible if the player manually adds
font.txtinto the broken