Minecraft Beta 1.0
December 20, 2010
For a guide about all content in this release and the other releases of Beta 1.0, see Java Edition guides/Beta 1.0 releases.
- Working server-side inventory.
- Tooltips in inventory.
- When the player hovers the mouse over an item, its name appears.
- Added support for capes
- Initially known as cloaks
- Only the Mojang cape existed at the time, but other capes were supported. This can be seen today if a player owns a cape, and a proxy is used to redirect skin requests to the modern server.
- Added support for deadmau5's ears
- Added new splashes:
- Finally Beta!
- Woo, reddit!
- Twittered about!
- Jump up, jump up, and get down!
- Joel is neat!
- A riddle, wrapped in a mystery!
- Huge tracts of land!
- Welcome to your Doom!
- Stay a while, stay forever!
- Stay a while and listen!
- Treatment for your rash!
- "Noun" is an autonym!
- Information wants to be free!
- "Almost never" is an interesting concept!
- Moving too far away from a chest, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen.
- Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before.
- Can now be thrown.
- Throwing an egg has a chance of spawning a chicken.
- Removed armor outlines in the armor slots in the inventory.
- The player can't store items in the inventories' crafting fields anymore.
- If this is attempted in this version, the items simply drop to the ground.
- Made servers save chunks way less often in most cases.
- Chunks don't resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds.
- The splash "Play Minecraft, Watch Topgear, Get Pig" was changed to "Play Minecraft, Watch Topgear, Get Pig!"
- Excluding "Merry X-Mas!" and "Happy New Year!", "Finally Beta!" is the only splash shown
- The appearance of the buttons of the key settings has been changed.
3 bugs fixed
- Many issues fixed as a result of a working server-side inventory.
- Tools thrown on the ground do not repair themselves anymore.