Minecraft Alpha v1.0.17
Seecret Friday 8
August 20, 2010
- Start with 64 fences.
- Skeletons can ride spiders.
- Chickens, slimes and pigs added in multiplayer.
- Working day/night cycle in multiplayer.
- Milk buckets can now be emptied.
- Third-person view is now centered again.
- Right clicking on usable blocks makes your arm swing to match the third person animation for right clicking.
- Chickens no longer take fall damage and now slowly glide down using their wings.
- Alpha v1.0.17 has the highest minor version number since Classic, at "17". The highest in Bedrock Edition is "221", with Bedrock Edition 1.16.221, and the highest in the full release of Java Edition is "10", with 1.7.10.
- Seecret Friday 8! OooooOOOoo! – The Word of Notch, August 20, 2010
- "Minecraft V35 - Ultimate Edition!, page 49" (archived) – Facepunch Forums, August 20, 2010.
- "So skeleton archers riding giant jumping spiders is overpowered? Just wait until I add dragons!" – @notch on Twitter, August 20, 2010