November 3, 2021
- Upgrading of old worlds
- Caves are now inserted under existing chunks when upgrading a world to the new world height.
- Deepslate and the bedrock layer currently don't generate due to a bug.
- Large biomes and amplified worlds now have an upgrade path, and retain more of their characteristics when upgraded to the new terrain system.
- Added Online Options as a separate screen:
- The "Realms Notifications" option has been moved to this screen.
- Contains the new "Allow Server Listings" option.
- When deactivated, the player name will not show up in server online player listings.
- Contains the new "Server Difficulty" option, to indicate the difficulty of the current server.
hide-online-players, which when set to "True", will not send a player list on status requests.
- Added following block tags to decide the corresponding creatures to spawn:
- Contains Grass Block.
- Contains Clay.
- Contains Mycelium.
- Contains Ice.
- All 50 Overworld biomes are now required to be visited for the Adventuring Time advancement, including the following biomes which were previously not required:
- Now the gradual transition from stone starts at height between Y=0 to Y=8, rather than Y=-8 to Y=0 previously.
- JFR profiling
- If it is started from an external source, the JFR events for network packets are now aggregated instead of one event per packet.
- Simulation distance
- Blocks and fluids are now also affected.
- Increased the lower limit for simulation distance from 2 chunks to 5 chunks.
- Optimized entity collisions.
- 28 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.18
- MC-63340 – Sleeping always resets time until rain.
- MC-170551 – Foxes can't spawn on podzol or coarse dirt.
- MC-187716 – Nether biome surface builder types incorrectly assume the world height is 128 blocks.
- MC-190285 – "
bedrock_roof_position" tag number does not represent height, but height modifier.
- MC-200494 – In mineshafts, torches can generate attached to blocks other than the wooden supports.
- MC-216432 – Mineshafts can generate with light but without any torches.
- MC-216561 – Torches not spawning in abandoned mineshafts under Y=0.
- MC-238877 – Deep ocean and ocean are not needed for the "Adventuring Time" advancement.
- MC-238966 – Old growth spruce taiga and old growth birch forest aren't a part of the "Adventuring Time" advancement.
- MC-238968 – Windswept gravelly hills and windswept savanna aren't a part of the "Adventuring Time" advancement.
- From the 1.18 development versions
- MC-236701 – New mountain biomes don't count towards "Adventuring Time" advancement.
- MC-236938 –
/jfr stopoutput does not have a link.
- MC-237986 – Mobs specific to structures aren't spawning in their structures.
- MC-238062 – Foxes and wolves don't spawn in groves.
- MC-238761 – Adventuring Time does not account for the new cave biomes.
- MC-238900 – Values of
Infinityin noise settings in default worldgen.
- MC-238912 – Powder snow strips can't generate exposed to the surface.
- MC-238962 – Icebergs go all the way to ocean floor.
- MC-239280 – Withers do not move down to follow the player when the wither's health is half or lower.
- MC-239344 – All torches in mineshafts are facing the wrong way.
- MC-239359 – Wither skeletons can only spawn on nether bricks.
- MC-239689 – The "amplified" boolean in noise settings does nothing.
- From the previous development version
- MC-239854 – Nether and caves world is missing bedrock.
- MC-239858 – Nether decorations can be generated on the original bedrock layer.
- MC-239866 – Terrain shaper in
noise_settingsis not used.
- MC-239876 – Maps appear gray when opened in old terrain after conversion.
- MC-239882 – Beacons deactivate when upgrading worlds.
- MC-239902 – Weather effects appear in caves and structures in 1.17.1 worlds loaded in 21w43a.
Videos made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 21w44a" – Minecraft.net, November 3, 2021