Minecraft Interactive Experience
Do you like this video?
October 27, 2021
- Upgrading of old worlds
- Terrain from new chunks will now blend with existing terrain from old chunks, preventing glitched borders from occurring.
- The old bedrock layer between Y=0 and Y=4 in old chunks gets replaced with deepslate.
- If there is bedrock at Y=0, lower places in old chunks will be filled with deepslate.
- Caves do not generate below Y=0 in old chunks but lava lakes and geodes may generate.
- A new bedrock layer is placed at Y=-64.
- Worlds upgraded in this snapshot have these changes permanently applied.
- Added block tag
- Restricted big dripleaf placement to clay, coarse dirt, dirt, farmland, grass blocks, moss blocks, mycelium, podzol and rooted dirt.
- Water levels change less often (slightly fewer underground waterfalls).
- Lava aquifers are slightly less common.
- Have been reshuffled again. Worlds will not look like as they did in previous snapshots.
- Removed chunk’s
Leveland moved everything it contained up.
Level.Entitieshas moved to
Level.TileEntitieshas moved to
Level.ToBeTickedhave moved to
Level.LiquidsToBeTickedhave moved to
Level.Sectionshas moved to
Level.Structureshas moved to
Level.Structures.Startshas moved to
Level.Sections.block_stateshas moved to
Level.Sections.biomeshas moved to
yPosthe minimum section y position in the chunk.
below_zero_retrogencontaining data to support below zero generation.
blending_datacontaining data to support blending new world generation with existing chunks.
- The Priority Updates video setting has been renamed to Chunk Builder, added tooltips to its three options, and renamed them:
- "nearby" renamed to "Fully Blocking".
- "by player" renamed to "Semi Blocking".
- "none" renamed to "Threaded".
- Changed some internal details of block and fluid ticking to improve save times.
- 11 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.18
- MC-49010 – Cloning pressure plates or buttons whilst they're activated keeps them pressed forever.
- MC-131930 – Deep warm ocean generates without coral and sea pickles.
- MC-156616 – Badlands layers not generating properly.
- MC-217379 – Pufferfish don't spawn in deep warm ocean.
- MC-224205 – Cloned big dripleaves remain tilted forever when their tilt value is not equal to "none".
- MC-228745 – Big dripleafs can't be supported by farmland.
- MC-238073 – Decorators are independent of world seed.
- From the 1.18 development versions
- MC-236615 – Priority updates setting has improper capitalization.
- MC-236624 – Deep warm oceans don't count towards the "Adventuring Time" advancement.
- MC-236970 – Badlands strata is covered by orange terracotta at Y=160 and above.
- MC-238939 – Stone can generate in the Nether.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 21w43a" – Minecraft.net, October 27, 2021
- "Unfortunately the seeds have been shuffled again, so worlds will not look like they did in previous snapshots. Hopefully world seeds will be stable after this though, so let the real seed hunt begin!" – @henrikkniberg on Twitter, October 27, 2021