October 13, 2021
- Changed the texture of the lapis icon in the GUI from to .
- Changed the base texture of lit comparators from to .
- Tweaked the wither skull's texture to use the new wither face from the Texture Update.
- Tweaked the armorer zombie villager's and weaponsmith zombie villager's textures to remove stray villager pixels.
- Now only generate up to Y=30.
- Rarity has been increased to match 1.17 levels.
- Red sandstone now generates naturally once again.
- Now generate higher up in badlands.
- The snowy slopes and jagged peaks surfaces have been fixed to work like they did in the experimental snapshots, where some (but not all) sides of the peaks are exposed stone.
- New random number generator is used for overworld generation.
- Chunk render pipeline
- Changed the prioritization order.
- Main menu background is changed to reflect Caves & Cliffs: Part II.
- Server classes are now signed.
- Slightly increased the angle in which sprinting against a block would not stop the player from doing so.
- 21 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.18
- MC-118134 – Item frame texture as an item uses texture of oak planks.
- MC-137950 – Signs textures do not correspond to the actual texture of their handle.
- MC-142385 – Campfire texture has one pixel extending into hotbar outline.
- MC-148182 – The zombie villager "profession" texture uses villager-skin-colored pixels.
- MC-152506 – Wither skull projectile has faces with old texture.
- MC-160256 – Texture of door items does not match the blocks.
- MC-166508 – Glitchy chunk rendering since 1.15 pre-release 2.
- MC-173339 – Comparators lit base texture is incorrect.
- MC-203155 – Enchanting table GUI uses old lapis texture.
- MC-225949 – Parity issue: Different Bedrock and Java sign items textures.
- MC-226313 – Lava can generate floating in caves.
- MC-227398 – Misplaced pixel on cave vines texture.
- MC-230302 – Glow item frame item texture is missing two pixels.
- From the 1.18 development versions
- MC-236620 – Nether biomes don't generate correctly.
- MC-236650 – Minecraft in 1.18 has 248 seeds instead of 264 seeds.
- MC-236767 – Axolotls are extremely rare in lush caves.
- MC-237330 – Worlds created with seed "REDApRES" (
0) crash when trying to load new 1.18 mountain biomes:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "dfw.a(double, double, double)" because "
this.a" is null.
- MC-237457 – Snowy slopes biome no longer generates stone cliff feature from experimental snapshots.
- MC-238003 – Stone in jagged peaks is always covered by snow blocks.
- From the previous development version
- MC-238561 – Axolotls aren't able to spawn at all in lush caves.
- MC-238661 –
InhabitedTimevalue/local difficulty doesn't increase.
Videos made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 21w41a" – Minecraft.net, October 13, 2021