Java Edition 21w19a
May 12, 2021
21w19a is the twenty-first snapshot for Java Edition 1.17, released on May 12, 2021, which increases the minimum Java version to 16, removes unfinished features (bundles, candles and sculk sensors) from survival and creative inventory, and fixes bugs.
- Blocks with these tags can be destroyed more quickly with the matching tool.
- If a block requires the correct tool to drop, these tags determine which tier of that tool is required.
- The maximum length a name of an item can have after being renamed has been increased from 35 characters to 50 characters.
- Renamed from "[Color] Candle Cake" to "Cake with [Color] Candle".
- Now bees can pollinate cave vines.
- Now Leads work with them.
- Changed the way the item model is displayed in the player's right hand.
- New syntax:
- Removed sculk sensors, bundles, and candles from the creative inventory.
- These items can still be accessed through commands.
- These items are unfinished, and will be re-added in 1.18.
- Removed recipes for bundles and candles.
- These items are unfinished, and their recipes will be re-added in 1.18.
- Grouped the recipes for crafting copper ingots from a copper block with other recipes for copper ingots.
- Changed the splash "Now Java 8!" to "Now Java 16!"
- Added cave vines to the
- Removed moss blocks from the
- Added azaleas and flowering azaleas to the
saplingsblock and item tags.
- Java requirement changed from version 8 to version 16.
- Creative inventory
- Unhid the removed items above.
- 39 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.17
- MC-105080 – Ender Dragon is respawned if all Exit End Portal blocks are removed / legacy scanning is done for worlds with new dragon fight.
- MC-136647 – Leads don't work with Squids.
- MC-165924 – Snow particles render darker / almost transparent if the block light level is 7 or more.
- MC-200009 – Crash when using a non-mushroom block in a huge mushroom feature's cap.
- From the 1.17 development versions
- MC-203606 – "X Candle Cake" should be "Cake with X Candle".
- MC-203718 – Lightning rod stays activated when struck by lighting at the same time as being moved by a piston.
- MC-203757 – Anvil character limit is too low for items with long names.
- MC-204244 – Sheep are rendered like white sheared sheep through tinted glass blocks.
- MC-205626 – The command syntax order of
- MC-208663 – Pufferfish don't defend themselves from axolotls.
- MC-208740 – Withers attack axolotls that are playing dead.
- MC-209533 – Amethyst shard is not grouped with other gemstones in the Creative inventory.
- MC-212206 – Shulkers generating outside the world border bug out when trying to spawn.
- MC-213774 – Hanging roots float in your hand.
- MC-213922 – Shulkers are not spawned in the correct place.
- MC-213943 – Flying slightly above a big dripleaf can cause it to tilt without touching it.
- MC-214127 – Despite being a type of berry plant, bees don't pollinate cave vines.
- MC-214283 – Hanging roots break sound event uses
- MC-217626 – Spore blossom is positioned rather strangely among flowers in Creative.
- MC-219445 – Bonemealing big dripleaf in flowing water doesn't update the water.
- MC-219873 – Lightning Bolt detecting lightning rod incorrectly.
- MC-220106 – Lightning hitting an entity on copper slabs on top another copper block fully cleans the bottom block first.
- MC-220215 – Opening a shulker box while an entity is standing on top of it pushes it too high for a short amount of time.
- MC-221756 – Snow particles do not render at all when the block light level is 7 or more.
- MC-221844 – Powder snow doesn't produce particles when broken by burning mobs.
- MC-221957 – Pick Block used on a level 15 light block returns a different item from the default light block.
- MC-222738 – Leads don't work with Glow Squids.
- MC-222882 – Spyglass in Search tab of creative inventory is mixed with block types instead of tools where it belongs.
- MC-223132 – Powder snow doesn't produce a breaking sound or subtitle, when destroyed through extinguishing a burning player, mob, or flame arrow.
- MC-223171 – Budding Amethyst and Copper variants are far away in the creative inventory.
- MC-223446 – Shulkers appear in the wrong place when riding an entity.
- MC-223820 – Azalea & Flowering Azalea aren't part of the block or item tags for
- MC-223907 – Moss block appears in the
- MC-224325 –
minecraft.used:minecraft.COMPOSTABLE_ITEMdoesn't increase when placing an item into a composter.
- MC-224388 – Ores and raw materials in smelting preview are off center.
- MC-224389 – Copper Ingots are no longer grouped in the crafting table.
- From the previous development version
- MC-224927 – Infested blocks take twice as long instead of half the time.
- MC-224972 – Infested blocks have no effective tool.
- MC-225025 – Server side performance drop with dragon's breath area effect clouds.
Videos made by slicedlime:
- CavesAndCliffsPreview.zip – Mojang, May 12, 2021
- "Minecraft Snapshot 21w19a" – Minecraft.net, May 12, 2021