Java Edition 21w17a
April 28, 2021
- Added the
- Noodle caves
- A thinner, squigglier, tighter variant of spaghetti caves.
- These are an improved version of the mesh caves announced around Minecraft Live.
- Removed unused 'lit' blockstate.
- Are now crafted from 9 copper ingots, instead of 4.
- Now can spawn naturally.
- Can now also be placed on moss blocks.
- Is now immune to freezing.
- Emerald ore can now replace granite, andesite, diorite, tuff, and deepslate upon generating.
- If coal ore or copper ore replace tuff or deepslate, they will become their deepslate variants.
- The recipe for crafting mossy stone bricks from moss blocks or vines is now unlocked with moss blocks or vines, respectively, rather than mossy cobblestone.
- The recipes for dyed candles are now grouped.
- The recipes for smelting and blasting ores into their respective materials are now grouped by ore type (i.e. smelting coal ore and deepslate coal ore are grouped).
- For iron, gold, and copper, the recipes for smelting and blasting their raw materials into ingots are also grouped with their respective ore smelting and blasting recipes.
- The recipes for crafting copper ingots from copper blocks and waxed copper blocks are no longer grouped.
- The recipes for mossy stone bricks are now grouped, as are the recipes for mossy cobblestone.
- Many of the waxed copper block recipes were grouped together.
- Added the wither to the
freeze_immune_entity_typesentity type tag.
- Snake veins are now slightly rarer and slightly smaller.
- Ores are clumpier and less evenly distributed.
- Now have a chance to rarely contain raw metal blocks.
- 20 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.17
- MC-170443 – Banner copying recipe ignores existence of other items in crafting grid.
- MC-187664 – World border uses float to determine its size, making some border sizes inaccessible, and cannot be set to 30 million or beyond.
- MC-201269 – Constantly teleporting player to a phantom crashes the game/kicks the player.
- From the 1.17 development versions
- MC-203570 – Candles aren't grouped in the recipe book.
- MC-203745 – Repeated teleport between dimensions causes the entity to duplicate on the client.
- MC-204031 – Waxed Cut Copper (any level of weathered) have two separate recipes in the recipe book.
- MC-214187 – Void platform generates multiple times.
- MC-214735 – Horse disappears when dying while riding it and reloading the world while it's unloaded.
- MC-214838 – Big dripleaf stem remains after breaking a stem or leaf above it.
- MC-214865 – Floating islands world type generates extreme terrain.
- MC-219155 – Fishing line only starts on half distance between the fishing rod and bobber (Apple M1 only).
- MC-219840 – You cannot unlock the recipe for Mossy Stone Bricks.
- MC-219842 – Recipes for mossy cobblestone and mossy stone bricks aren't grouped.
- MC-220033 – (Parity issue) Hanging Roots can't be waterlogged.
- MC-221560 – Copper/Coal Ore in Deepslate Patches aren't Deepslate Ores.
- MC-222008 – Empty/missing template pool error grammar mistake.
- MC-222107 – sounds/mob/goat/pre_ram3.ogg missing from
- MC-222520 – Raw and Ore smelting previews aren't grouped together.
- MC-223055 – Amethyst buds and cluster have an unused blockstate.
- MC-223792 – Shrinking world border with center past x/z = 29999983 crashes the game.
Videos made by slicedlime:
- This is the first snapshot to implement a semi-revealed feature, namely mesh caves (renamed to noodle caves in this update).
- CavesAndCliffsPreview.zip – Mojang, April 28, 2021
- "Minecraft Snapshot 21w17a" – Minecraft.net, April 28, 2021
- – (Parity issue) Hanging Roots can't be waterlogged