Java Edition 21w16a
April 21, 2021
- Pointed dripstone growth
- If a stalactite is hanging from a dripstone block with a water source above, it will slowly grow both the stalactite from above and a stalagmite from below.
- Growth speed is random but very slow; a single growth step can take several in-game days.
- A stalactite will only grow up to 7 blocks long.
- A stalactite will only cause stalagmite growth if the floor or stalagmite below is within 10 blocks.
- If the stalactite tip is inside water it won’t drip, and therefore will not trigger any growth.
- If the stalagmite tip is inside water or there is a fluid between the two dripstone blocks, it will not receive the water drops, and therefore will not be grown by a dripping stalactite.
- A stalagmite or stalactite will never grow into a fluid.
- Added the
- Added Russian (Pre-revolutionary) language.
- Added Chinese Traditional (Hong Kong) language.
- Large rare snaking collections of ore found underground.
- Copper mixed with granite is found at and above Y=0; iron mixed with tuff is found below Y=0.
- Can now be fertilized with bone meal to form Azalea Trees.
- Tweaked the textures of these blocks.
- Can now generate naturally.
- Can now have random texture rotation like deepslate.
- The model was slightly changed.
- The upper leaf is now correctly connected with stem.[more information needed]
- Grass, tall grass, ferns, tall ferns, sweet berry bushes, saplings, flowers, azaleas, sugar cane, dead bushes, and bamboo can now be placed on these blocks.
- Pumpkins and melons can now grow onto these blocks.
- Endermen can now pick up these blocks.
- Tweaked the texture of raw ores.
- The recipes for stonecutting diorite into polished diorite slabs and stairs now unlocks when the player has diorite as opposed to polished diorite.
- Renamed the statistic for play time to
- Included time when game paused for "Time with World Open" (
- Resource pack prompt
- Users who previously permanently declined server resource packs will now still be shown the pack prompt if the pack is mandatory, instead of being immediately disconnected.
- Added grass blocks, mycelium, and moss blocks to the
- Tweaked some tags to no longer unnecessarily mention blocks if they're in the dirt block tag.
- Tweaked the
lush_ground_replaceableblock tag to call the
moss_replaceabletag instead of the
lush_plants_replaceabletag, as well as adding gravel and sand.
- Removed the
- Removed the unused
- Removed stray pixels from the recipe book GUI button.
- Aquifers below Y=0 will sometimes be made of lava.
- 51 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.17
- MC-29522 –
stat.playOneMinuteadds a value of 1 every tick.
- MC-55775 – Statistics screen sometimes doesn't show up to date information.
- MC-111534 – The firework rocket use statistic doesn't count rockets used for elytra boosting.
- MC-117653 – Recipes and advancements are not granted while most GUIs are open.
- MC-136560 –
- MC-136681 – Debug Stick use statistic increases when not allowed to use it.
- MC-157116 – Food that are plantable counts towards using when right click on the ground.
- MC-190128 – Using a flint and steel to ingite TNT is not tracked by the in-game stats.
- MC-223558 –
minecraft.used:minecraft.glass_bottledoesn't increase when taking water from a cauldron using a glass bottle.
- MC-223563 –
minecraft.used:minecraft.glass_bottledoesn't increase when collecting honey from a beehive or bee nest.
- MC-223638 –
minecraft.used:minecraft.shearsdoesn't increase when carving a pumpkin.
- MC-223639 –
minecraft.used:minecraft.shearsdoesn't increase when collecting honeycombs from a beehive or bee nest.
- From the 1.17 development versions
- MC-203637 – Mobs don't avoid lava cauldrons when pathfinding despite of setting themselves on fire.
- MC-205236 – Frozen State doesn't go away after respawn when on a server.
- MC-208598 – Baby axolotls take damage when touching a solid block from below / eye height is outside of their hitbox.
- MC-212113 – Glow Lichen can spawn underwater whilst not in a cave.
- MC-212863 – Glow lichen use the same color as vines on maps.
- MC-213927 – Using bone meal on a sapling that is on a moss block consumes bone meal, but doesn't grow into a tree.
- MC-213998 –
root_vines_headis unused in-game files.
- MC-214129 – Several dirt blocks are not part of the
- MC-214293 – Mobs can spawn on top of azaleas.
- MC-215270 – Moss requires air above a replaceable block to spread.
- MC-216787 – Cobwebs in mineshafts can generate as if supported by chains.
- MC-217411 – Anvils can become damaged when only falling one block.
- MC-218590 – Error message for
commands.give.failed.toomanyitemsdoesn't translate item name.
- MC-218592 – Azalea trees can generate inside of lakes (even completely submerged in water).
- MC-218614 – Inconsistency: Infested Deepslate can't be placed along axis.
- MC-218637 – Inconsistency: Infested deepslate is not rotated randomly like normal deepslate.
- MC-219155 – Cast fishing line is disconnected from the rod.
- MC-219211 – Two mysterious white pixels can be seen in the upper left corner of the recipe book icon.
- MC-219851 – Applying bone meal to a waterlogged big dripleaf stem creates more waterlogged big dripleaf stems.
- MC-219903 – Silverfish infesting deepslate cause it to rotate.
- MC-220024 – Shader compilation slows or fails the more asterisks are in a multiline comment.
- MC-220307 – TrueType Font glyphs render incorrectly.
- MC-220641 – Loyalty tridents disappear when your inventory is full.
- MC-220887 – Shader includes fail to compile correctly when missing newline at end of file.
- MC-221560 – Copper/Coal Ore in Deepslate Patches aren't Deepslate.
- MC-221628 – Entities don’t stop glowing after losing the glowing effect.
- MC-221652 –
/teleportcommand to player does not work as in previous versions.
- MC-221655 – Glow Squids and Axolotls Spawn in Monuments.
- MC-222004 – Grass block isn't in the
- MC-222517 – A large amount of slime or honey blocks will crash the game.
- MC-222684 – You cannot grow azalea trees by bonemealing Azalea plants.
- MC-222778 –
minecraft.used:minecraft.candledoesn't increase when placing a candle on to a cake.
- From the previous development version
- MC-223260 – Emerald ore does not generate as intended.
- MC-223553 –
minecraft.used:minecraft.glow_ink_sacdoesn't increase when applying a glow ink sac to a sign.
- MC-223554 –
minecraft.used:minecraft.ink_sacdoesn't increase when applying an ink sac to a sign.
- MC-223555 –
minecraft.used:minecraft.COLOR_dyedoesn't increase when applying a dye to a sign.
- MC-223557 –
minecraft.used:minecraft.bucketdoesn't increase when taking powder snow, lava, or water from a cauldron using a bucket.
- MC-223756 –
minecraft.used:minecraft.powder_snow_bucketdoesn't increase when filling a cauldron with a powder snow bucket.
- MC-223757 –
minecraft.used:minecraft.lava_bucketdoesn't increase when filling a cauldron with a lava bucket.
Videos made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 21w16a" – Minecraft.net, April 21, 2021
- CavesAndCliffsPreview.zip – Mojang, April 21, 2021