March 31, 2021
- A new waterloggable source of light, originally from Bedrock Edition.
- Behaves like air and it is visible only when the item is held, similar to barriers.
- Unlike barriers, lights can only be targeted when holding the item.
- Obtainable only with
- Right-clicking cycles its light level.
- Spawn in mountains.
- Currently a place holder until the new mountains are added.
- Do not drop anything.
- Can jump up to 10 blocks high.
- Can be tempted and bred using wheat.
- A bucket can be used on them to get milk.
- They have a 2% chance of spawning as a screaming goat, with different sounds.
- Added an alternative solid black background color for the Mojang Studios loading screen, toggleable with the “Monochrome Logo” accessibility category in options.
- Added the
- Added the
- Added the
axolotl_hunt_targetsentity type tag.
- Added the
freeze_hurts_extra_typesentity type tag.
- Added the
freeze_immune_entity_typesentity type tag.
- Are now seen as small flowers by the game.
- Bees can pollinate them and can remember their position.
- Bees follow players holding these blocks and can be bred with them.
- Suspicious stew can be crafted with these blocks, giving a suspicious stew that gives no status effect.
- Saplings grown next to these blocks have a small chance to generate a tree with a bee nest.
- These blocks cannot be fed to brown mooshrooms.
- Bottom texture is now corrected.
- Powder snow's hardness was slightly increased, from 0.1 to 0.25.
- Freeze time has decreased to 7 seconds and hurt frequency has decreased to 2 seconds.
- Entities on fire now melt powder snow when colliding, extinguishing themselves in the process.
- Increased vertical movement speed within powder snow (entities fall through powder snow faster).
- Mobs now shake when they are fully frozen.
- Mobs that are damaged by freezing can no longer spawn on powder snow.
- The top texture is now randomly rotated.
- Shovels are now the correct tool for collecting.
- Grass, ferns, flowers, dead bushes, saplings and bamboo can now be planted on rooted dirt.
- Small Dripleaf can be planted as well, but only when underwater.
- Can now be turned into dirt path blocks by using any type of shovel.
- Now placed near other dirt variants in the Creative tab.
- Texture mappings
- Crops (wheat, carrot, potato. beetroot and nether wart), Chain, Ladder, Vines, and Glow lichen
- Backside textures are now mirrored.
- Tripwire, Tripwire Hook's Tripwire, Big dripleaf
- Underside texture is now mirrored.
- Backside texture of chains are now mirrored.
- Azalea, Powder Snow
- Inner side textures are now mirrored.
- Backside texture of the saw is now mirrored.
- Sea pickles
- Backside texture of the tentacles are now mirrored.
- Small dripleaf
- Backside texture of the leaves are now rotated correctly.
- Now prevent fall damage when landing on powder snow, to match the behavior in Bedrock Edition.
- Now protects horses from freeze damage.
- Can now be eaten even if the player is at full hunger.
- Axolotls now spawn naturally in underground water sources.
- Axolotls are now always hostile towards drowned, guardians and elder guardians.
- Axolotls will now "hunt" squids, glow squids, tropical fish, cod, salmon, and pufferfish.
- After killing one of these mobs, there is a two minute cooldown before they can hunt again.
- They will prioritize targeting hostile mobs first before hunting.
- Axolotls give Regeneration I and remove Mining Fatigue when a player kills a mob that is in combat with an axolotl.
- Blue, cyan, gold and pink axolotls have had the textures of the outlines on their tails slightly changed.
- Cyan, gold and pink axolotls have had the textures of the frills on their head slightly changed.
- Axolotls now save their NBT tags (such as age, color and health) when stored in a water bucket.
- Now take more damage from freezing.
- Now drop cooked cod or salmon instead of raw cod or salmon if on fire when killed or killed by a fire source.
- Can now pick up rooted dirt, flowering azaleas and flowering azalea leaves.
- Glow squids now spawn naturally in underground water sources.
- Now drop baked potatoes instead of normal potatoes if on fire when killed or killed by a fire source.
- Are now immune to freezing.
- Skeletons converting to strays now only require the 7 seconds it takes for an entity to be fully frozen to begin converting, instead of the 30 seconds it took before.
- Mason villagers can now sell 4 dripstone blocks for an emerald.
- Can now accept a filled cauldron as a valid workstation.
- Added the following trades to the wandering trader:
- Made carvers less likely to be too flat to walk through.
- Increased likelihood of huge caves (very large cheese caves).
- Reduced likelihood of tall 1-block thin pillars.
- Changes were made to make the cheese caves more varied in aspect and size.
- Deepslate blobs can now be found between heights 0 and 16.
- Dripstone clusters can now be found rarely in regular caves.
- Due to a change in the height of the end, end islands are significantly taller. This behavior is not intended.
- Increased the max length of wooden pillars and chains.
- Glow berries can be found in mineshaft chest minecarts.
- Copper ore now generates uniformly between levels 0 and 63.
- Added large diamond ore blobs, generated same with the range and method of the regular one.
- It was intended for iron ore blobs to be more common, however this is not the case.
- Moss blocks can be found in supply chests.
- Goats and axolotls are now required for "Two by Two".
- Axolotls have always been available for "The Parrots and the Bats" and goats can now be used as well, though no changes were made to the advancement to let this happen.
- The advancement for obtaining diamond armor is now capitalized as "Cover Me with Diamonds", as opposed to "Cover Me With Diamonds".
- Build limit
- The message for letting the player know they are attempting to build beyond the build limit no longer says "blocks" at the end.
- Added a new mob cap category, underground water creature.
- Used by axolotls and glow squids.
- Have a cap of 5, are friendly, are not persistent, and despawn at 128 blocks or more from the player.
- Subtitles for waxing, removing wax, and removing oxidation from a block of copper now display.
- These were introduced in the previous snapshot, but not correctly implemented.
- Unused parts of code (unused static fields and methods) are no longer removed.[verify]
- Although this does not affect the game itself, it adds more information for modders.
- Removed the coral material.
- Added the moss material.
- Changed the
enderman_holdableblock tags to use the
dirtblock tag, removing other mentions of dirt blocks from the tags.
- Added all copper slab and stair variants to the
stairsblock and item tags, respectively.
- Added flowering azalea leaves and flowering azaleas to the
small_flowersblock and item tags.
- Changed the
axolotl_always_hostilesentity type tag to have the previous contents of the
axolotl_tempted_hostilestag, as well as adding elder guardians.
- The previous contents of the tag have been added to
- The previous contents of the tag have been added to
- Removed the
axolotl_tempted_hostilesentity type tag.
- Added leather horse armor to the
- Removed some unused textures, including:
- 122 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.17
- MC-3366 – End portal appears transparent from below.
- MC-70738 – Killing guardian with lava does not give cooked fish.
- MC-79888 – Beacon beam can be seen when you have blindness effect.
- MC-102269 – Polar bears drop raw fish instead of cooked fish when killed with fire or lava.
- MC-108636 – There are a number of unused texture files.
- MC-123587 – Kicked from the game when reaching y levels over 30,000,000.
- MC-124667 – Air can be used in custom recipes, causing a crash.
- MC-136776 – Some NBT tags are not kept when fish or axolotl mobs are caught in water buckets.
- MC-167853 – Observer doesn't detect when a grass block changes to dirt if a tree grows on top.
- MC-167977 – Podzol generated from giant spruce trees is not snowy if it has snow above it.
- MC-174701 – Leash knot sound effect plays when loading singleplayer world.
- MC-187544 – 'Cover Me With Diamonds' advancement improperly capitalized.
- MC-190774 – Stonecutter saw spins both ways simultaneously.
- MC-194183 – Some experience points do not go towards Mending repair, even if the Mending gear is not fully repaired.
- MC-195640 – Suspicious stew inedible with full hunger.
- MC-197073 – Turtles laying eggs on red sand produce normal sand particles.
- MC-199065 – Zombies that die while on fire do not drop baked potatoes.
- MC-199237 – Back of ladder is incorrectly mirrored.
- MC-199239 – Vines appear incorrectly mirrored when viewed from behind.
- MC-199242 – Texture planes of crop models appear incorrectly mirrored from behind.
- MC-201748 – Chain model planes are incorrectly mirrored on the rear.
- MC-201751 – Chain section on lanterns is incorrectly mirrored from behind.
- MC-201753 – Sea pickle green top sections do not render correctly from behind.
- MC-214589 – End gateway exit portals can be set to high coordinates, kicking the player.
- MC-214693 – Tripwire texture is not mirrored correctly from behind.
- MC-214694 – Tripwire which is part of a tripwire hook is not mirrored correctly from behind.
- MC-214879 – Selecting nothing and pressing Ctrl + C clears clipboard.
- MC-218888 – ⇧ Shift Clicking items into inventory prevents the relevant advancement from triggering.
- From the 1.17 development versions
- MC-203553 – Water bottle doesn't extinguish candles.
- MC-203605 – Lightning rod bottom texture is mapped incorrectly.
- MC-203617 – Can't "Pick Block" cauldrons with liquid or powdered snow inside.
- MC-203838 – Aiming a spyglass with a loaded crossbow in offhand creates weird third person effect.
- MC-203847 – Waterlogged candles can be lit.
- MC-204133 – Candle extinguishing particle appears offset from the candle.
- MC-204430 – Cauldrons filled with water, lava or powder snow cannot be used as a workstation for villagers.
- MC-205060 – Powder snow does not cause underlying grass, mycelium or podzol to appear snowy.
- MC-205083 – Mobs wearing leather boots spins around when walking on powdered snow.
- MC-205106 – Mobs that get damaged by powder snow can spawn inside powder snow.
- MC-205131 – Landing on powder snow while wearing leather boots inflicts fall damage on Java, but not on Bedrock.
- MC-205143 – The particles produced when extinguishing a campfire are misplaced.
- MC-205158 – Powder snow inside textures are not correctly mirrored.
- MC-205169 – Mobs don't path find across powder snow blocks when not wandering.
- MC-205302 – Using
/setblockto place a structure block defaults to save mode, unlike placing one by hand.
- MC-205613 – Skeletons in powder snow spin when aiming at the player.
- MC-205885 – Endermen holding water, lava or powder snow cauldrons don't drop cauldrons.
- MC-205914 – Placing turtle egg/sea pickle onto turtle egg/sea pickle while sneaking doesn’t place it next to it, although placing candle onto candle does.
- MC-205918 – Experience orb stacks that were used in the mending process lose their experience amount, even if the stack is still larger than one.
- MC-206567 – Stalagmite gets all destroyed at the same time when the bottom block gets destroyed.
- MC-208075 – Copper slabs and stairs are not included in the
- MC-208551 – Calibrated Sculk Sensor are unused in-game files.
- MC-208588 – Axolotls change color when released from bucket / axolotl entity data isn't stored in the bucket item.
- MC-208594 – Axolotls aren't required for the "Two By Two" advancement.
- MC-208647 – Axolotls don't attack elder guardians.
- MC-208695 – Semi-transparent pixels on axolotl textures.
- MC-208703 – Axolotls don't give regeneration or remove mining fatigue.
- MC-208745 – Explorer maps & filled maps turn blank after entering the nether or end.
- MC-209371 – Can't cut stacks in half in furnace output.
- MC-212221 – Glow item frames are rendered dark when a light source is nearby.
- MC-212277 – Glow lichen viewed from a distance causes z-fighting issues.
- MC-212305 – Back face of glow lichen is not correctly mirrored from behind.
- MC-212736 – Some world border faces are rendered mirrored, resulting in incorrect corners.
- MC-213552 – Shulker hitbox does not immediately rotate after the shulker visually rotates.
- MC-213769 – Rooted dirt is far from other dirt variants in the Creative inventory.
- MC-213771 – Rooted dirt is in decorations tab.
- MC-213772 – Certain faces of azalea are not culled by other blocks.
- MC-213777 – Azalea and flowering azalea z-fight when placed next to blocks.
- MC-213783 – Strays freeze in powder snow.
- MC-213789 – Water behaves as if moss blocks were air.
- MC-213815 – Grass, ferns, flowers, bushes, saplings and bamboo cannot be placed on top of rooted dirt.
- MC-213837 – Can't pick block big dripleaf stem.
- MC-213841 – Signs, banners, paintings & item frames cannot be placed on moss.
- MC-213860 – Farmland/dirt path don't convert to dirt when moss is placed above.
- MC-213877 – Cannot turn Rooted Dirt into a Dirt Path.
- MC-213878 – Using bone meal on a small dripleaf shows breaking particles.
- MC-213899 – Big Dripleaf can be rotated incorrectly by breaking and replacing it.
- MC-213907 – Skeletons don't have a shaking animation while converting to strays.
- MC-213958 – Azalea bushes connect to walls and fences.
- MC-214049 – Mining rooted dirt is slightly faster than mining other dirt blocks.
- MC-214073 – The azalea's side textures are partially cut off.
- MC-214097 – Cake cannot be placed on top of a moss block.
- MC-214135 – Converted moss blocks do not update redstone.
- MC-214181 – Rooted dirt cannot be picked up by endermen.
- MC-214374 – Redstone doesn't connect vertically on moss blocks.
- MC-214586 – Rooted Dirt has no assigned tool.
- MC-214639 – Rooted dirt is not randomly rotated.
- MC-214695 – Big dripleaf texture mirrored incorrectly from underneath.
- MC-214696 – Small dripleaf texture mirrored incorrectly from underneath.
- MC-214698 – Azalea top texture is mirrored incorrectly.
- MC-214804 – Big dripleaf continuously makes tilting sound when standing on it while it's powered by redstone.
- MC-214818 – Waterlogged pointed stalagmites don't drop when their support block is broken.
- MC-214858 – Powered big dripleaf play tilting sounds when blocks are changed nearby.
- MC-214901 – Rain passes through moss blocks.
- MC-214965 – Maximum building height is 319, but warning message says 320.
- MC-215898 – Deepslate hardness does not match some of its variants.
- MC-216820 – Cobbled Deepslate Slab uses the stone sounds instead of the deepslate sounds.
- MC-217749 – Small Dripleaf can't be placed on Rooted Dirt while waterlogged.
- MC-218701 – Axolotls aren't able to spawn in lush caves.
- MC-219054 – Can type text into anvil text field without putting an item in it, preventing you from closing the UI with E.
- MC-219103 – The eyes of some entities can be seen through powder snow/lava.
- MC-219203 – Mineshaft support legs can generate in lava.
- MC-219240 – Inconsistency: cobbled deepslate does not take longer to mine than deepslate.
- MC-219635 – There is no sound when defrosting from fire/lava (vanilla parity).
- MC-219740 – Spyglass overlay broken while in water with fast graphics.
- MC-219937 – Parity issue: Clouds are at y=192.
- From the previous development version
- MC-219850 – There is no sound or subtitle for applying/removing/scraping wax or oxidation.
- MC-219868 – Opening a UI darkens the background less than it used to.
- MC-219906 – Minecraft crashes when spectating an entity submerged in water.
- MC-219920 – Amethyst Blocks can no longer be gained by mining them.
- MC-219933 – Shulker heads do not flash red when taking damage / when killed.
- MC-219960 – Moss can still be mine faster with axe.
- MC-219964 – Torches can be placed on azalea.
- MC-219973 – Hanging Roots takes about a second to be mined.
- MC-220068 – Experience orbs are no longer affected by the fog from powder snow/lava.
- MC-220069 – Wither/creeper armor is no longer affected by the fog from powder snow/lava.
- MC-220070 – Lightning is not affected by the fog from powder snow/lava.
- MC-220157 – String is not affected by light levels.
- MC-220174 – With graphics set to Fabulous!, blocks such as honey, slime and stained glass appear lit up in third person mode.
- MC-220269 – Shader texture coordinate wrapping mode causes screen effects like glowing to wrap where they shouldn't.
- MC-220335 – Beacon beam is not affected by water fog.
- MC-220339 – Beacon beam is not affected by the fog from powder snow/lava.
- MC-221146 – Water fog still very subtle making water appear too clear in the distance.
- Private issues
Videos made by slicedlime: