Java Edition 21w10a
March 10, 2021
- A cracked variation of deepslate bricks.
- Obtained by smelting deepslate bricks.
- A cracked variation of deepslate tiles.
- Obtained by smelting deepslate tiles.
- Added deepslate ore variants for copper, emerald and coal ore.
- Do not generate by default; they only have been added for use by creators of maps and data packs.
- Like other deepslate ores, they can be used in blasting and smelting recipes like normal ores.
- Again, like other deepslate ores, they will unlock these recipes in the recipe book.
- An infested variant of deepslate.
- Generate above lush caves, either on surface or underground.
- Consist of azalea leaves (both variants), oak logs and rooted dirt.
- Currently the biome is only accessible in single-biome worlds.
- Adaptive to the environment: every type of cave generation can be a lush cave.
- Moss covers the floors and ceilings, along with moss carpets and grass on the floors.
- Spore Blossoms grow from the ceiling and drip particles.
- Contains clay pools where dripleaf plants grow out of them.
- Contains azalea bushes (both variants).
- Cave vines with glow berries grow from the ceiling and light up the caves.
- Are now included for all supported render states.
- Any shader except for the blit shader can also be replaced in resource packs.
- For now replacing these shaders is not officially supported and the way it works may change in the future.
- Current rendering engine uses a system similar to the post processing shader pipeline. There are some differences between both system that cater to the slightly different requirements.
- Added the
emerald_oresblock and item tags.
- Contain both the normal and deepslate ores of each ore type.
- Added the
- Contains the
#lush_plants_replaceableblock tag, clay, and moss block.
- Contains the
- Deepslate diamond ore, deepslate gold ore, deepslate iron ore, deepslate lapis lazuli ore, deepslate redstone ore, coal ore, diamond ore, iron ore, gold ore
- The textures of these ores have been changed.
- Iron ore and deepslate iron ore no longer have streaks, better matching the appearance of other ores.
- Diamond ore closer resembles deepslate diamond ore.
- The texture has been changed.
- Can now be smelted back into deepslate.
- Both the top and sides textures have been changed.
- Deepslate can now be placed along any axis.
- Textures in caves now generate with a random rotation.
- Can now be crafted.
- Changelog states they can now be waterlogged, though this is not the case.
- Using bone meal on it now spreads moss to blocks on any height.
- The item model has been changed back to a dedicated texture.
- Similar to tridents, the spyglass still uses a 3d model in the hand.
- The texture is different from the original item texture.
- The maximum size that slimes can be summoned with is now 128.
- Now are much less common.
- The fossils in the deepest part of the underground generate with Deepslate Diamond Ore instead of Coal Ore.
- Ore distribution
- Now generates more emerald ore in mountains.
- Now generates more lapis lazuli ore.
- Now generates less copper ore, gold ore, and redstone ore.
- Now generates smaller diamond ore blobs, but slightly more frequent (less diamond ore overall though).
- Now generates less iron ore, and it generates lower down.
- The deepest iron generation range: previously Y = -64 to -8, now Y = -64 to -32.
- The middle iron generation range: previously Y = -16 to 80(most at 32), now Y = -24 to 56(most at 16).
- Reduced air exposure for coal ore.
- The give command can only give up to 100 stacks of items at a time (e.g. 6400 stone or 100 iron swords)
- Can no longer set a player's spawnpoint to areas that are out of the world.
- Glowing is now based on the outline of all layers on an entity, not just the base layer.
- Game library updates
- Rendering is now using OpenGL 3.2 core profile.
- All fixed function rendering has been replaced with shader based rendering.
- Changed the splash "OpenGL 2.1 (if supported)!" to "Now on OpenGL 3.2 core profile!"
- Glow item frames have their own subtitles, no longer using the same subtitles as normal item frames.
- Removed moss block, the
#flowersblock tag, grass, tall grass, moss carpet, small dripleaf, big dripleaf, big dripleaf stem, and vines from the
- Removed the
- 52 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.17
- MC-29318 – Client misses inventory updates while player is manipulating items - causes invisible items.
- MC-32452 – Fog generates only in the centre of the screen.
- MC-84121 – Shape of glow effect is based on mob's base layer.
- MC-87019 – Only visible slots are updated clientside when you are inside an inventory.
- MC-93243 – Fog Rendering On AMD Graphics Cards & Integrated Graphics.
- MC-124109 – Horses glitched with glowing effect.
- MC-154094 – Lectern running
/clearturns items into ghost items.
- MC-165208 – Text and other UI elements are completely black when being affected by night vision and the void/blindness simultaneously.
- MC-173834 – Glowing damaged iron golem outline shows cracks.
- MC-175964 – Setblock command run by book in lectern to clear inventory run in command block causes ghost items.
- MC-182455 – Entity shadow texture glitching with resource pack.
- MC-186864 – Leather armour can appear white.
- MC-194675 – While spectating a creeper, enderman, spider or cave spider, UI elements are rendered completely white.
- MC-201316 – The
/givecommand can create so many items that the game will freeze.
- MC-210408 –
/spawnpointallows players to set their spawnpoint to out-of-bounds coordinates, which crashes the game when trying to respawn.
- MC-214629 – FOV decreases when underwater regardless of FOV Effects accessibility setting.
- MC-215534 – Spectating a mob with a shader whilst having a carved pumpkin equipped turns the screen completely white.
- MC-216510 – The world border red effect, affects the brightness of a mob's shader.
- From the 1.17 development versions
- MC-204782 – The glowing effect outline no longer renders (Intel Graphics on macOS).
- MC-205112 – Enchantment glint appears white while inside powder snow.
- MC-206628 – Emptied Bundles have an empty
- MC-207818 – Placing a sign from the offhand closes the sign UI immediately.
- MC-208301 –
/cleardoes not properly affect the item on the mouse pointer after crafting it.
- MC-208836 – Villager incorrectly holding spyglass.
- MC-211666 – Guardians attack invisible axolotls.
- MC-212127 – Normal ink sac and glow ink sac are not grouped in the creative inventory.
- MC-212144 – Subtitles refer to Glow Item Frame as "Item Frame".
- MC-212168 – Ctrl + Pick Block does not copy block state "
- MC-212216 – Repeatedly clicking on a sign with an ink sac or glow ink sac abruptly stops the hand animation.
- MC-212236 – Cannot visually critical-hit a glow squid (No sound/particles).
- MC-212314 – Glow squid remains dark even if there is a light source block next to it.
- MC-212325 – Glow Squid entity data (potion effects, custom name, ...) does not get saved.
- MC-213825 – Using bone meal on a moss block only spreads moss to blocks on the same Y level.
- MC-214781 – Lava does not generate at the very bottom of noise caves.
- MC-214784 – Fossils can generate floating in caves.
- MC-214836 – Water caves cause land to be excessively flooded.
- MC-214844 – Bedrock can be exposed to the air at the very bottom of the new caves.
- MC-214970 – Phantoms continously make too much flapping sounds.
- MC-215194 – Structure blocks do not work below Y=0.
- MC-215838 – There is currently no way to craft deepslate tiles and deepslate bricks.
- MC-215847 – Infested stone generates in deepslate areas below mountain biomes.
- MC-215850 – Deepslate Tile Wall comes before Deepslate Brick Wall but Deepslate Bricks come before Deepslate Tiles in creative inventory.
- MC-215939 – Emerald ore spawns in lower frequencies than it should above Y=100.
- MC-216136 – Polished deepslate slab isn't grouped with the other deepslate slabs in creative inventory.
- MC-216363 – Crash upon replacing soul sand or magma with the other under a tall bubble column using
- MC-216492 – Fox incorrectly holding spyglass.
- MC-216735 – Stone Lapis Ore generating in Deepslate.
- MC-216736 – Lava lakes generate exposed in caves.
- MC-216738 – Deepslate diamond ore texture is shifted a pixel to the right.
- MC-216765 – Coal ore can generate below Y=0 when attached to a fossil.
- MC-216817 – Inconsistency: Cobbled deepslate cannot be smelted back into deepslate.
- MC-217020 – Gold ore and deepslate gold ore textures are inconsistent.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 21w10a" – Minecraft.net, March 10, 2021