Java Edition 20w51a
December 16, 2020
20w51a is the fifth snapshot for Java Edition 1.17, released on December 16, 2020, which adds axolotls, a gamerule to control when night is skipped when sleeping, makes changes to the sculk sensor, and fixes bugs. This was the last snapshot released in 2020.
- Obtained by right-clicking on an axolotl while holding a water bucket.
- Added axolotl spawn eggs.
- Do not spawn naturally.
- Are amphibious.
- Will dry out and start taking damage after 5 minutes of being out of water.
- Can be caught using a water bucket.
- Are passive towards players.
- Can be bred using tropical fish or buckets of tropical fish.
- Come in five different colors: yellow, brown, white, pink, and blue.
- Blue axolotls are very rare, with a 1⁄1200 chance of spawning.
- May play dead when damaged, receiving Regeneration I.
- Attack drowned, guardians, squid and fish.
- Are always hostile to fish and squid, and hostile to drowned and guardians only when "tempted" by a player holding tropical fish.
- Controls what percentage of players must sleep to skip the night.
- When set to 0 or a negative value, a single player is sufficient to skip the night, and night is skipped immediately without the falling asleep transition.
- When set over 100, the night cannot be skipped.
- Set to 100 by default.
- Added the
- Added the
- Contains the wool item tag.
- As thrown entities, items in this tag do not trigger vibrations.
- Added the
axolotl_always_hostilesentity type tag.
- Contains tropical fish, pufferfish, salmon, cod, and squid.
- Axolotls are always hostile towards entities in this tag.
- Added the
axolotl_tempted_hostilesentity type tag.
- Contains drowned and guardians.
- Axolotls are hostile towards entities in this tag if they have been tempted.
- "Eating Start" has been removed as an event.
- Walking on wool no longer causes vibrations.
- Throwing wool as an item on the ground no longer causes vibrations.
- Sculk sensors are now silent while waterlogged.
- When destroyed as an entity, it drops the items it currently has.
- Changed interface:
- Now shows two empty slots when not full, and a X when full.
- The first item in a bundle is now highlighted.
- Like bundles, they drop their items when destroyed as entities.
- Bundle icons are now a separate texture.
- Removed the
eating_startgame event from the
vibrationsgame event tag.
- 15 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.17
- MC-149799 – When a crossbow is loaded and in the offhand, you do not see it anymore if you carry an item in the main hand.
- MC-176615 – It is possible to destroy netherite items with lava by putting them inside a container.
- MC-207125 – Loaded crossbow in offhand does not show breaking block hand animation.
- MC-207405 – Nether stars can be blown up while being inside of a bundle/shulker box.
- MC-208082 – Game stalls when any message is displayed in chat while playing with an expired session.
- From the 1.17 development versions
- MC-203563 – Cake appears eaten for a split second when putting a candle on it.
- MC-203568 – Trying to put a candle onto a candle cake duplicates the candle.
- MC-204058 – Placing a candle on a cake causes hunger display desync.
- MC-204146 – Netherite can burn whilst inside of a bundle.
- MC-205057 – Bundle inventory preview is off-center inside of the tooltip box.
- MC-205212 – Desync when putting a candle on a cake in Survival mode.
- MC-206721 – The empty slot in the bundle tooltip should always be at the top left position.
- From the previous development version
- MC-207316 – Wool item entities trigger Sculk Sensors.
- MC-207323 – Dripstones that extend to y level 0 don't fall.
- MC-207404 – Walking on wool triggers sculk sensors.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 20w51a" – Minecraft.net, December 16, 2020