Java Edition 20w21a
May 20, 2020
- Customized worlds
- Added experimental support for new custom worlds.
- The "Edit World" menu now has an option to export world settings to a JSON file.
- Previously exported world settings can be imported during world creation.
- Many new parameters are exposed but marked as experimental, meaning they can be used but may later be removed.
- client.json arguments
- Disables the receiving and sending of online chat.
- Added functionality to import/export world settings.
- Added a unused subtitle for traveling through a nether portal, "Portal noise fades".
- Added a subtitle for activating a nether portal, "Portal noise intensifies".
- Added a subtitle for cat purring, "Cat purrs".
- Added a subtitle for donkey eating, "Donkey eats".
- Added a subtitle for fox teleporting, "Fox teleports".
- Added subtitles for mules neighing and eating; "Mule neighs" and "Mule eats", respectively.
- Added subtitles for parrots imitating hoglins, piglins, and zoglins; "Parrot growls", "Parrot snorts", and "Parrot growls", respectively.
- Added subtitles for zombies attacking and breaking wooden doors; "Door shakes" and "Door breaks", respectively.
- Added subtitles for using cartography tables, looms, and stonecutters; "Map drawn", "Loom used", and "Stonecutter used", respectively.
- Several of these subtitles do not show up in game, but are specified in sounds.json.
- Right-clicking an isolated redstone toggles it between a cross and a dot.
- A dot of redstone does not power surrounding blocks, and a cross does.
- Redstone which is connected to anything is not toggleable.
- Now have a hardness of 1.
- Are now positioned in the center of the inventory slot as opposed to the bottom.
- No longer walk around when admiring golden items.
- If a piglin is hurt while admiring a gold ingot, the ingot now disappears without completing a barter.
- Increased the chance of ores to generate in the basalt deltas to balance against the reduced amount of netherrack in this biome.
- World types
- Structure names are now specified as lowercase.
- Added the ability to control the height.
/spreadplayers <center> <spreadDistance> <maxRange> under <maxHeight> <respectTeams> <targets>
maxHeightspecifies the maximum height for resulting positions.
- Lily pads are now considered junk fishing loot rather than treasure.
- Menu screens and splash
DimensionNBT tag is now a namespaced ID string instead of a number, which is used in player.dat.
- Obsidian platform now can get regenerated when a non-player entity enters the End through an end portal.
- Changed the subtitle for zombie villagers converting from "Zombie vociferates" to "Zombie Villager vociferates".
- Changed the subtitle for zombie villagers being cured from "Zombie snuffles" to "Zombie Villager snuffles".
- Changed the capitalization of "Blast furnace crackles" to "Blast Furnace crackles".
- Changed the capitalization of "Enchanting table used" to "Enchanting Table used".
- Changed the capitalization of "Respawn anchor is charged" to "Respawn Anchor is charged".
- Changed the capitalization of "Respawn anchor depletes" to "Respawn Anchor depletes".
- Changed the capitalization of "Respawn anchor sets spawn" to "Respawn Anchor sets spawn".
- Changed the capitalization of "Turtle egg breaks" to "Turtle Egg breaks".
- Changed the capitalization of "Turtle egg cracks" to "Turtle Egg cracks".
- Changed the capitalization of "Turtle egg hatches" to "Turtle Egg hatches".
- Removed the subtitle "Horse lands".
- Removed structure settings from flat level preset strings as it was broken due to the addition of customizable worlds.
- Removed wither roses from the
- Old customized worlds (from before Java Edition 1.13) now say "Old Customized" in the world selection screen.
- 45 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-51126 – Arrows disappear until the player relogs when they shoot them at low angles from a boat.
- MC-89361 – Player selectors fail finding player/Player is not correctly moved from the end to the nether.
- MC-91368 – Ender dragon taking damage from thorns in creative mode.
- MC-97247 – Map making sound uses equipment sound subtitle.
- MC-97507 – Using item which modifies the held item shows "Gear equips" subtitle.
- MC-107103 – Trying to interact with an entity 3 or more blocks away without seeing its eyes only interacts client-side.
- MC-113068 – Zombie banging on door subtitle is called "Block broken".
- MC-123155 – When any non-player entity enters an End portal the obsidian platform is not regenerated and the entity can fall into the void.
- MC-128658 – Nether and end biomes do not use correct blocks in Buffet world type.
- MC-147516 – Hostile mobs will sometimes stop attacking/following their target when directly next to it.
- MC-147691 – Enderman does not hit or damage the player if they keep standing still.
- MC-153319 – Result of UUID selector is nondeterministic.
- MC-166292 – Subtitle from foxes eating chorus fruit: "Player teleports".
- MC-167076 – Seagrass, sea pickles, and tall seagrass do not obscure direct sunlight when waterlogged.
- MC-169764 – Fish flopping sound shows both "Footsteps" and "Fish flops" subtitles.
- MC-177080 – Sounds for traveling through a portal have no subtitle.
- MC-177088 – Polar bear step sound does not have subtitles.
- MC-183249 – Carving mask
BitSetscreated for lower chunk statuses.
- From the 1.16 development versions
- MC-170930 – Nether sprouts item not visible when held in the hand in first person.
- MC-172090 – Piglins would rather hold a golden item instead of a crossbow.
- MC-172207 – Parrots do not imitate hoglins, zoglins and piglins.
- MC-172255 – Piglins immediately dismount any entity that they are riding.
- MC-175656 – Piglins will keep gold ingots in their inventories if attacked while admiring them.
- MC-175989 – Strider sounds are not translated through in-game subtitles.
- MC-177438 – Turtle egg's name inconsistently capitalized across different subtitles.
- MC-177830 – Blackstone and basalt prevent ancient debris and other Nether ores from generating.
- MC-178130 – Zombie villagers are called "Zombie" in some subtitles.
- MC-178212 – Nether planks, their variants, and hyphae are harder than stems.
- MC-178298 – Ancient debris and nether gold ore cannot generate in basalt deltas.
- MC-180257 – Crash when setting
LodestonePosof compass to something other than NBT compound.
- MC-180852 – There is no space on the beacon's secondary power effects in the UI.
- MC-181270 – Trying to open old worlds (in Region format?) without version information in snapshots does not show warning screen.
- MC-181298 – Game crashes when trying to generate a Nether biome superflat world with ruined portals.
- MC-181439 – Player or dispenser using a bucket at world height limit will play bucket sound despite failing.
- MC-181463 – The buttons are not selected in the right order using Tab ↹ in the new world creation menus.
- MC-181499 – Buckets cannot be emptied into a source block, but still produce a sound when trying.
- MC-181511 – Chunks with redstone are removed.
- MC-181522 – Chunks that have not been explored since 1.13 are resetting.
- MC-181535 – Placing water with a dispenser facing a water source drops the bucket.
- MC-181611 – Vindicators stop attacking the player when they are standing really close to them.
- MC-182514 – 15 block states per sub-chunk limit during world upgrade.
- MC-182743 – Wither skeletons do not spawn inside of wither roses.
- MC-182912 – Piglins still do not change their current crossbow for a new enchanted one.
- MC-183786 – Named seeds that are not numbers are not being recognized.
- From the previous development version
- MC-183966 – Bonus chests generate on servers.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 20w21a" – Minecraft.net, May 20, 2020