April 15, 2020
- Generate in bastion remnants and ruined portals.
- Crafted using 2 iron nuggets and 1 iron ingot in a vertical line formation.
- Texture connects to those of the lantern and its soul variant.
- Added the "Pigstep" music disc, composed by Lena Raine.
- Generate in all Nether biomes, except basalt deltas.
- Four types of structures generate: Bridge, Hoglin Stables, Housing Units, and Treasure Room.
- Are the only source of the "Pigstep" music disc and piglin banner pattern.
- Piglins and hoglins spawn here.
- Spawners that spawn magma cubes can be found in bastion remnants.
- Shattered remains of nether portals.
- Generate in the Overworld and the Nether.
- Can be buried underground or underwater.
- A loot chest can be found beside the portal.
- Added new
- Contains all music discs except "Pigstep".
- Used to determine what music discs creepers can drop.
- Changed the texture of this block; the center now more closely resembles a skeleton or wither skeleton skull.
- Can now be found in ruined portals and bastion remnant loot chests, making it obtainable without bartering.
- Can now be found in bastions, making it obtainable in Survival.
- Added a button in the GUI that generates a jigsaw structure starting from the jigsaw block, using a given generation depth.
- Changed texture of the block; the bottom row of bricks has been shifted to the right about 1⁄4 of a block.
- Expanded the maximum size per axis from 32 to 48.
- The piglin banner pattern can now be found in bastions, making it obtainable in Survival.
- Changed the
music_discsitem tag to use the
creeper_drop_music_discsitem tag and the Pigstep music disc.
- 15 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-37557 – Sometimes a minecart sound plays/subtitle shown when loading a world.
- MC-91163 – Certain subtitles show up when the player is too far away to hear the sound.
- MC-99727 – Ghasts can be located using subtitles.
- MC-154617 – Server hangs on stop due to rcon.
- From the 1.16 development versions
- MC-171020 – New Nether biomes do not work properly in buffet worlds.
- MC-175288 – Creating a warped forest superflat world with decorations freezes.
- MC-175919 – Villagers sometimes stop farming.
- MC-177136 – All compasses and lodestone compasses point to the same target, regardless of what type of compass it is.
- MC-177238 – Windows symbolic link in saves/ is no longer followed as of 20w14a.
- MC-177253 – Running a
java.lang.NullPointerExceptionif it contains an undefined attribute.
- MC-177316 – Lodestone compass in item frame does not update after turning.
- MC-177462 – Respawn anchor explodes client side.
- From the previous development version
- MC-177942 – Fortresses do not generate in basalt deltas.
- MC-177957 – Texture is not correct on the white quartz brick or on the polished quartz brick.
- MC-178368 – Lodestone compass does not point to its lodestone block when rotated in an item frame.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 20w16a" – Minecraft.net, April 15, 2020