Java Edition 20w13a
March 25, 2020
- Crafted from a netherite ingot and chiseled stone bricks.
- Using a compass on one creates a lodestone compass, which points to that lodestone block.
- Its functionality applies in all dimensions.
- Crafted with a fishing rod and warped fungus.
- Can be used to control striders in the same way as a carrot on a stick with pigs.
- Added strider spawn eggs.
- A new passive mob that spawns in the Nether on lava oceans.
- Can be saddled and controlled with warped fungus on a stick.
- Is damaged by water and rain.
- Can be bred with warped fungi.
- Can spawn with zombified piglins or baby striders riding them.
- If they spawn with a zombified piglin, they will also have a saddle equipped.
- Added the
logs_that_burnblock and item tags.
- Contains the
spruce_logsblock and item tags, respectively.
- Contains the
- Added the
non_flammable_woodblock and item tags.
- Contains crimson and warped stems, hyphae, planks, and other wood blocks, as well as stripped variants where applicable.
- Items in the item tag cannot be used as fuel in a furnace.
- Added the
- Contains lava.
- Unless a strider is in a block in this tag, it will shiver.
- Now appear yellow on maps.
- Nether wood fences now connect to other wood fences.
- Now use the nether wood material.
- Can no longer catch fire from lava.
- Can have one of 12 orientations.
- Added new property
Joint typeto describe if attached piece can be rotated (
rollable) or not (
- NBT field
target_poolhas been renamed to
attachement_typehas been split into
name(on parent block) and
target(on child block).
- Can no longer be used as fuel in furnaces, blast furnaces, or smokers.
- Now plays the bass instrument when placed on blocks in the nether wood material.
- Can now be crafted from basalt in a 2x2 grid, similar to other polished blocks.
- Can no longer be smelted.
- Can now be crafted from basalt in a stonecutter.
- Can be charged with a dispenser filled with glowstone.
- Can no longer be destroyed by the ender dragon.
- Can now only be smelted from items in the
- This change will not affect gameplay, as the new tag only contains items charcoal could be smelted from.
- Farmers can now use bone meal to make their crops grow faster.
- Farmers will now put excess seeds in their composter.
- Farmers share excess wheat to other farmers, so more farmers can make bread.
- Texture has been tweaked.
- Breeding striders can now be used to unlock "The Parrots and the Bats" advancement.
- Items enchanted with Soul Speed are now slightly more common.
- Creative inventory
- Open water is now calculated differently. Each layer in the 5x4x5 area around the bobber must meet one and only one of the following criteria:
- Charcoal now unlocks using the
- Added the respawn anchor to the
- Changed the
logsblock and item tags to use the
warped_stemsblock and item tags, respectively.
- 47 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-4641 – Third level of flowing lava will not create cobblestone when coming into contact with water.
- MC-118080 – Bows without pulling predicate animate when other bows are pulled back.
- MC-172307 – All loaded tileticks instantly run in the first tick after loading the chunk.
- MC-173367 – Arrows are floating in midair after being pushed by piston.
- MC-175171 – Fishing bobber can get stuck on a ledge when being reeled in.
- From the 1.16 development versions
- MC-171003 – Crimson and Warped stairs, planks and slabs can be used as fuel in a furnace.
- MC-171286 – Warped fences and Crimson fences don’t connect with other fences.
- MC-171484 – Shields, crossbows, bows, and fishing rods don’t show their proper animations in first-person mode after certain actions.
- MC-171526 – en_us.json issue:
weeping_vines_planthave the same name.
- MC-171830 – Smokers cannot be crafted using crimson or warped stems.
- MC-172123 – Using a spawn egg on a mob without a baby variant spawns an adult mob of the same type without a weapon.
- MC-172279 – Can’t craft campfire with nether stems or hyphae.
- MC-173258 – Back of zombified piglin heads has very different texture/shading compared to the other sides.
- MC-173791 – Mobs dismount vehicles only in front of the boat, even if there is danger ahead.
- MC-174368 – Minecarts can no longer eject entities into an open trap door.
- MC-174428 – Nylium can be bonemealed underwater with seagrass above it.
- MC-174434 – Sugar Cane, Kelp and Bamboo are in the incorrect creative inventory tab.
- MC-174481 – en_us.json issue:
twisting_vines_planthave the same name.
- MC-174510 – Stems, Hyphae, and variants do not use the Nether Wood material.
- MC-174537 – Zombie Pigman hooves are still visible on Zombified Piglin texture.
- MC-174642 – Hitbox of twisting vine is incorrect.
- MC-174731 – Modifying “soul.json” (inside of “particles” folder) causes crash.
- MC-174787 – Arrow physics doesn’t work correctly when in a target that is moved.
- MC-174823 – Sprinting and walking scoreboards don’t update properly.
- MC-174988 – Bee nests are brown on maps.
- From the previous development version
- MC-175165 – Using glowstone on a respawn anchor doesn’t consume it.
- MC-175174 – Respawn anchor is considered obstructed if all its sides are covered or air.
- MC-175178 – Anchor uses up the glowstone charge even though it didn’t respawn you.
- MC-175185 – No datafixer for item AttributeModifiers UUIDs.
- MC-175191 – Respawn Anchor charging cannot be heard by other players.
- MC-175193 – Using glowstone in the offhand does not charge respawn anchor.
- MC-175199 – In
snowy_medium_house_2, some blocks are still misrotated.
- MC-175204 – Four misrotated blocks in
- MC-175208 – Incorrect grammar “Your have no home bed or respawn anchor, or it was obstructed.”.
- MC-175209 – Dying in a different dimension than your respawn anchor will cause the anchor to not play the depletion sound.
- MC-175210 – Respawn anchor uses a charge after leaving the end dimension through the end portal.
- MC-175218 – Looking at a map of an area with spruce sign, jungle sign or dark oak sign in it crashes the game.
- MC-175219 – Respawn Anchor plays the “Respawn Point set” sound when right-clicked even when its already your respawn point.
- MC-175224 – Nether gold ore does not yield any experience when mined.
- MC-175239 – Villagers are generated very rarely in villages.
- MC-175278 – Fishing near lily pads prevents players from receiving treasure loot table.
- MC-175289 – Respawn anchor isn’t in the #dragon_immune tag.
- MC-175322 – Clicking on a fully charged respawn anchor with a glowstone block doesn’t activate it.
- MC-175327 – The crafting recipe of Polished Basalt is inconsistent.
- MC-175514 – Villager Gossips still use old UUID NBT format (TargetMost and TargetLeast).
- MC-175827 – Entities not loading in structure blocks (duplicate UUID).
- MC-175830 – F3 + I copies UUID.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 20w13a" – Minecraft.net, March 25, 2020