March 4, 2020
- A variant of stems with the bark on all 6 sides.
- Also has a stripped variant.
- Added 95 ambient sounds to the Nether.
- Different sounds play in each Nether biome.
- Inventory texture has been changed.
- Programmer Art texture is now the old 2011 texture.
- Now has a proper hitbox (1⁄16 blocks).
- Now has a breaking animation.
- Cannot be put out by swords or tridents in Creative mode, akin to other blocks, and can be modified via the debug stick.
- Added functionality: it is used to upgrade diamond items into Netherite versions.
- Inventory texture has been changed.
- Can now be enchanted with Efficiency, Fortune and Silk Touch.
- Now mine hay bales faster than other tools.
- Each tier has different speed at which hoes mine blocks they are effective against.
- Can no longer be crafted using a crafting table.
- Changed the texture of all netherite armor, tools, and weapons.
- Changed the texture.
- Now despawn when they are further than 64 blocks away from the closest player.
- Does not apply to fish placed by the player or nametagged fish.
- Have two new data tags:
- Bartering has been tweaked again.
target_hittrigger has been changed.
- Removed Realms code from the client, though its assets remain.
- Entity UUIDs
- UUIDs of the owners of projectiles, such as arrows or snowballs, are now stored as an array of four integers. All UUIDs will be stored in this format in the future.
- All "block states" files have improved spacing, and now define the namespace when referring to the model.
- All model files now define the namespace when referring to a different model.
- Removed translation strings of:
- Added crimson hyphae and stripped crimson hyphae to the
crimson_stemsblock and item tags.
- Added warped hyphae and stripped warped hyphae to the
warped_stemsblock and item tags.
- 44 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.16
- MC-64334 – Fire can be destroyed if given an item with
CanDestroytag for unbreakable block below (notably bedrock).
- MC-91522 – Shulker rendering position desync and generates ghost shulker when destroying shulker-ridden boat or minecart.
- MC-101364 – Mobs and players sometimes dismount vehicles in a dangerous place.
- MC-111473 – Player activated fireworks do not count as a player kill.
- MC-111475 – Fireworks cannot hurt invulnerable mobs when a player is in creative mode.
- MC-111498 – Fireworks and water bottle damage do not make neutral mobs angry or hostile.
- MC-111502 – Fireworks damage does not make passive mobs flee in panic.
- MC-130906 – Dolphins are moving very fast when near a boat.
- MC-131046 – Angry dolphins give players dolphin's grace.
- MC-146824 – Ladders and tripwire hooks cannot be placed on the sides of redstone blocks, observers and target blocks.
- MC-147496 – Dolphin tries to catch the boat of the non-player ride.
- MC-147708 – Putting out fires is not considered mining a block, leading to strange effects.
- MC-148836 – World search and world name text boxes aren't focused when entering menu anymore.
- MC-152441 – Corner quartz stairs do not have the border on the back/bottom that a normal quartz stair would have.
- MC-157208 – Enchanting tables can display a blank enchantment option for hoes.
- MC-163655 – Fire cannot be targeted like other blocks.
- MC-165518 – Village houses
plains_temple_4have no floor at entrance.
- MC-168319 – Fireworks sometimes don't explode when launched at the edge or under a block.
- MC-168748 – Rapid cod spawning and despawning causing performance issues.
- MC-169533 – Asymmetrical walls in
- MC-169715 – Misrotated block in
- MC-169869 – Mooshroom uses incorrect texture in Programmer Art.
- MC-170242 – Asymmetrical walls in
- MC-170470 – At
snowy_library_1, the snow block is placed next to the window, which causes an ugly visual effect.
- From the 1.16 development versions
- MC-170819 – Netherite sword and boots textures have transparent pixels.
- MC-170829 – When dropping netherite tools and armor into lava, it sounds as if they are burning.
- MC-171367 – Warped fungus item does not match block texture.
- MC-171447 – Crimson root item form has inconsistent texture.
- MC-172077 – Piglins with
NoAIshake in the overworld.
- MC-172082 – Piglins do not serialize their conversion time.
- MC-172242 – Left handed piglins do not look at gold ingots in their right hand.
- MC-172353 – Piglin wearing netherite helmet and enchanted helmets have z-fighting.
- MC-172567 – Wither skeletons don't automatically attack piglins.
- MC-173021 – Unuseful warning is logged when the server receives incorrect vehicle movement packets.
- MC-173090 – Attacking baby piglins do not anger any adult piglins.
- From the previous development version
- MC-173165 – Piglin bartering loot table contains an extra
- MC-173168 – The word "backup" appears instead of "back up".
- MC-173176 – Serialization error affecting operators list and whitelist.
- MC-173185 – Cannot put efficiency enchantment on a hoe in survival mode.
- MC-173209 – All hoes have the same mining speed.
- MC-173210 – Target block does not work with ender pearls and bottles o' enchanting.
- MC-173244 – Target block moved by pistons permanently keep their signal strength.
- MC-173272 – Shooting a firework rocket into a target won't set off a redstone signal.
- MC-173327 – Target is not flammable but hay bales are.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 20w10a" – Minecraft.net, March 4, 2020
- "It was 128 blocks before. This doesn't apply to anything marked persistent, like nametagged fish or fish caught in a bucket and then released again." – u/sliced_lime on Reddit, March 4, 2020
- "It seems we missed a change in the Snapshot changelog: Bartering loot has been tweaked once again: - Soul Sand is back! - Netherite Hoe much less common. - Shroomlight removed. - Warped Fungus removed. - Iron Nuggets added." – @kingbdogz on Twitter, March 4, 2020