August 1, 2018
- Added a concept of force-loaded chunks to the game, and a command (
/chunk) to toggle force-loading on and off.
- Block tags
- Added the block tag
- Are now properly waterlogged.
- Now have a 5% chance of dropping bone meal when killed.
- Now spawn only in rivers, oceans, or beaches.
- When used in water of warm ocean biomes, it now has a chance to grow coral.
- The scoreboard operator
%=was changed from using Java's native
Math.floorMod. This causes the operator to use floored modulo instead of truncated modulo, so now
-1 % 7wraps to 6 instead of returning -1.
- Line numbers in function parse error logs now start with 1 (was 0).
- Performance has been optimized.
- 45 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.13
- MC-73 – Green arrow bug on maps in frames.
- MC-1528 – Maps in item frames' markers aren't persistent.
- MC-96998 – End Cities / Woodland Mansions don't generate completely when interrupting generation
- MC-112801 – Players on the death screen still cause spawners to spawn.
- MC-122939 – Statistics for mining banners and beds never increase.
- MC-128547 – Minecraft keeps previously used World in memory if the player has hit any entity in that world.
- From 1.13
- MC-121369 – Holding ESC while clicking "Multiplayer" returns user to main menu
- MC-123021 – Crash on open if "Saves" is a link
- MC-124583 – Cannot place structure void block next to another when right clicking on one
- MC-125337 – When the double-held trident throws, players will lift both hands
- MC-130258 – Maps in item frames show shading problems.
- MC-131397 – Sponges cannot remove water from conduits
- MC-132451 – Command Parser - invalid value for block property and property name are reversed in error message
- MC-132769 – Detecting a 2 redstone tick repeater with an observer block creates a 2 redstone tick pulse
- MC-133181 – Observer's cooldown is broken.
- MC-133546 – Player becomes "ghost" when dying in the nether or going through the end portal back to the overworld
- MC-134105 – Can't return from the end after defeating dragon.
- MC-134159 – Saved world causes crash in 1.13.
- MC-134667 – Async Chunk Gen dangerously adding entities to world async.
- MC-134889 – Iron golems spawn in air blocks.
- MC-134916 – Sound event
block.pumpkin.carvedoesn't play when carving normal pumpkins.
- MC-135049 – Old world doesn't save map markers in 1.13.
- MC-135261 –
/setblockfor player heads don't show the texture after the placement.
- From the 1.13.1 development versions
- MC-134816 – Crash: Exception ticking world entities
- MC-134825 – Tab completion/suggestions don't work for some non-literal arguments (in chat)
- MC-134832 – TNT with
unstable=trueblockstate is ignited instead of broken in creative mode.
- MC-134898 – Pressing Escape no longer returns to main menu from singleplayer menu.
- From the previous development version
- MC-134966 – Using
/setblockto place an "Always Active" command block with a command won't execute the command immediately
- MC-134967 –
NullPointerExceptionwhen placing Wither Skeleton Skulls.
- MC-134974 – Entities in your world can randomly freeze
- MC-134982 – Exception when placing a command block.
- MC-134987 – Renaming a world doesn't update its name until re-entering the world list.
- MC-134988 – Optimizing a world doesn't update it until re-entering the world list.
- MC-135039 – The game crashes when
/setblock-ing a spawner with an entity ID containing capital letters
- MC-135053 – Sticky pistons get stuck when receiving a 0 gametick pulse.
- MC-135136 – Crash when placing a chain command block with set command.
- MC-135147 – Loading/saving structures with command blocks in them causes errors
- MC-135172 – Under certain conditions pistons can't be powered for the first 2 gameticks after being moved.
- MC-135185 – All redstone components can become stuck in a powered state when indirectly unpowered.
- MC-135186 – Pistons can only be re-pulsed 5 or more gameticks later.
- MC-135194 – Pistons react 1 gametick too late.
- MC-135229 – Game crash when opening Furnace
- MC-135268 – Switching to spectator mode and back creates ghost player duplicates for other players
- MC-135293 – Profiler doesn't exit section when an entity is removed, causing recursive profiling and lag
- Private issues
Video made by slicedlime:
- This snapshot, being the third for 1.13.1, was released in the same week of the year as the third snapshot for 1.9, 15w31c.
- 18w31a was released exactly 6 years after 1.3.1.
- "Minecraft Snapshot 18w31a" – Minecraft.net, August 1, 2018