February 22, 2018
18w08b is the twenty-second snapshot released for Java Edition 1.13, which added three types of fish mobs and fish buckets, a crafting recipe for dried kelp blocks, and changed the player's underwater visibility.
- Fish buckets
- Cod bucket
- Salmon bucket
- Puffer fish bucket.
- When used, it will place a water source block and spawn the corresponding fish inside it.
- Unused texture for an upcoming "clownfish bucket" added to the game files.
- Spawn egg
- Added fish as mobs.
- They spawn in cold, normal, and lukewarm ocean biomes.
- Swim in groups of up to 9 cod.
- They spawn in frozen ocean, cold ocean and river biomes.
- Swim in groups of up to 6 salmon.
- They spawn in lukewarm and warm ocean biomes.
- Inflate themselves when a player gets near.
- Will cause 7 seconds of Poison to nearby players.
- They drop themselves when killed.
- They need water to live. Outside of water, they flop around before suffocating.
- They can be caught with a water bucket.
- Warm and lukewarm oceans now have sand floors.
- Deep warm ocean biomes no longer generate.
- Changed natural water visibility.
- The longer a player stays underwater, the better they will be able to see. (Maximum underwater visibility is given when a player stays underwater for 1 minute)
- The Water Breathing status effect and Respiration enchantment no longer grant enhanced vision underwater.
- 12 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.13
- MC-80096 – Insufficient handling of Damage tag.
- MC-112974 – Hostile mob doesn't teleport correctly when overworld/nether is already loaded.
- MC-120524 – Signs controled by command blocks with scoreboards will make other block entities in the same chunk disappear after respawning.
- MC-120622 – Item loss with shift + click to fill up with picked up items.
- MC-124964 – Clicking into the armor slots or the first inventory slot cancels crafting recipe preview.
- From the 1.13 development versions
- MC-124007 – Multiplayer recipe book not working on server.
- MC-124896 – Testing for a score of x or a minimum of x doesn't work in execute if/unless score.
- MC-124909 – Taking an item out of the output slot of the furnace will give the player the recipe for the item in the input slot.
- MC-124963 – Clicking into the first 7 inventory slots cancels smelting recipe preview.
- MC-125352 – Dried kelp block can't be crafted.
- MC-125961 – Furnace experience reward depends on item in cooking slot, rather than output slot.
- From the previous development version
- MC-126049 – Underwater lighting effect glitch.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 18w08a" – Minecraft.net, February 21, 2018