Java Edition 16w42a
October 19, 2016
- Now have a
crittag which determines whether the arrow will deal critical hit damage.
- Now do more damage - their attack damage on Easy has been increased from 3 to 5, on Normal 4 to 9, and on Hard 6 to 13 × 6.5.
- 37 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.11
- MC-3367 – Reflecting ghast fireballs is nearly impossible.
- MC-12788 – Custom superflat world GUI graphical glitch with chests/ender chests / trapped chests/beacon blocks,
- MC-46309 – Command feedback doesn't work with @e and no mobs which match the selector.
- MC-46345 – Maps stop updating after going through nether portal / Map update packets ignored by client.
- MC-50156 – WitherSkull / fireball disappears at y >~ 256.
- MC-58795 – Spectator mode teleportation to team member causes crash.
- MC-59144 – A held item replaced by the same kind of item by
/replaceitemdoes not visually update.
- MC-64119 –
stat.dropwon't increase when player throws items out of their inventory screen.
- MC-73205 – FallingSand glitches upwards.
- MC-79318 – Double piston extender: sand on top falling in between pistons.
- MC-80549 – Slime
/entitydatamotion causing unkillable slime.
- MC-81731 – Dropped items are doubled in Creative, Survival inventory.
- MC-86163 – When hostile mobs hit you while blocking with shield, sound of taking damage is not played.
- MC-88089 – Two players going down a ladder at the same time makes them stuck or go up.
- MC-90175 – Game crashes with exit code -805306369 (out of memory?) when boats are summoned as a passenger of a boat that is a passenger of a living entity.
- MC-92106 –
ThrownPotionnot using particles from
- MC-95735 – (Splash) harming and healing potion still applies effect even if it's specified not to.
- MC-97360 – Hitting a bed, sign, or banner displays the "Block broken" caption instead of "Block breaking".
- MC-97692 – Boat riding on an entity riding on an entity.
- MC-98727 – Standing on a boat starves the player extremely quickly.
- MC-99763 –
/helpcommand not suggesting tab completion when executed from other entity.
- MC-100260 – Explosion impulse on non-living entities is not attenuated by power, distance, or obstructions.
- MC-102986 – Can place Grass Path at "invalid" locations.
- MC-105845 – Memory usage graph of server GUI not drawing.
- MC-107138 – Shot arrow loses its critical state after reloading.
- MC-108253 – Zombie villagers despawn.
- MC-108664 – Witches that spawn in witch huts don't have
- MC-108748 – Can't trade with villagers while holding a spawn egg.
- From the 1.11 development versions
- MC-108081 – Item name shown in
/givecommand feedback has no
- MC-108351 – No play placed sound and subtitles, when placing blocks on cake.
- MC-108405 – Maps break after leaving the End.
- From the previous development version
- MC-108676 – Skeletons and wither skeletons can spawn anywhere in the Nether.
- MC-108685 – The corners of the offhand hotbar slot have transparent textures.
- MC-108718 – Illagers and Vexes not randomly looking at the player when not aggressed.
- MC-108727 – Thorns enchantment has no effect on vexes.
- MC-108729 – When giving yourself items with negative durability, the game crashes.
- MC-108752 – Elder Guardians spawned from spawn egg/command do not have full health.
Video made by slicedlime:
- 16w42a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.