Minecraft Interactive Experience
Do you like this video?
February 10, 2016
- The elytron texture now defaults to the cape texture if no custom texture is uploaded and the player owns a cape.
- Are now crafted by 8 arrows surrounding a lingering potion of that type, yielding 8 of them.
- Can no longer be obtained by splashing down a lingering potion first, then shooting regular arrows through that cloud.
- This new method can even create tipped arrows from a custom lingering potion using commands, but the tipped arrow will say "Arrow of Splashing" if it is custom-made.
- Generation has changed (to a formation or pattern of rings):
- The 1st ring has 3 strongholds distanced 1408–2688 blocks from the origin.
- The 2nd ring has 6 strongholds distanced 4480–5760 blocks from the origin.
- The 3rd ring has 10 strongholds distanced 7552–8832 blocks from the origin.
- The 4th ring has 15 strongholds distanced 10624–11904 blocks from the origin.
- The 5th ring has 21 strongholds distanced 13696–14976 blocks from the origin.
- The 6th ring has 28 strongholds distanced 16768–18048 blocks from the origin.
- The 7th ring has 36 strongholds distanced 19840–21120 blocks from the origin.
- The 8th ring has 9 strongholds distanced 22912–24192 blocks from the origin.
- The player's body, hand and held item is now rendered while sleeping in bed.
- Most entities in the game should now move much more smoothly.
- Maximum radius is now 16 blocks (i.e., levels over 14 do not increase the range).
- Riding entities such as boats, horses, minecarts and saddled pigs, are now run by the client instead of by the server.
- In addition to previous patches of the 1.9 snapshots, more sounds have been modified. [more information needed]
- 12 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.9
- MC-72340 – Summoning an iron golem riding a zombie makes the zombie blind.
- From the 1.9 development versions
- MC-84361 – Ridden pig on a grass path is constantly jumping.
- MC-88403 – Arrows blocked by shield appear first above the player and then in front.
- MC-90202 – Client can always use carrot on a stick, ignoring pig's food state.
- MC-90348 –
stat.breakItem.minecraft.shielddoes not exist.
- MC-90605 – Constant teleporting between the Nether and the Overworld.
- MC-92289 – Extra strongholds spawn in positions Mojang didn't intend.
- MC-92476 – Inventory Duplication Glitch based on uncompleted entity removal.
- MC-94104 – Floating tripwire disappears since 15w50a.
- MC-94169 – Fishing rod bobber collision error (into the block).
- MC-94213 – Snowman/iron golem slight into blocks (descent altitude 0.03125, 1/32 block).
- MC-95416 – Item duplication in multiplayer.
Video made by slicedlime:
- 16w06a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.
- The wool in the hotbar in the snapshot cover image when converted into numbers based on the damage value reads "17022016", which appears to be February 17, 2016 — the date that Java Edition 1.9-pre1 was later released.