February 4, 2016
- Armor reduction in effective defense points due to attack strength will now allow the effective defense to go as low as 20% of the armor points (was 25% since 16w02a).
- Attack cooldown effect increased: now quadratic 20%–100% (was linear 50%–100% since 16w02a).
- Damage increased to
- Box is slightly higher than before.
- F3 debug screen
- In the bottom left corner on the main menu and the top left of the F3 debug screen, the version type is now displayed after the version number.
- Example: "16w05b/snapshot".
- 5 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.9
- MC-17748 – Chat box is too low (covers heart bar).
- MC-66114 – Mobs (unsuccessfully) attempt to jump 1.5 blocks high.
- From the 1.9 development versions
- MC-84562 – Controlling a pig only works if pig was lured with carrot on a stick before.
- MC-89741 – Pigs don't jump up on to blocks while riding them with carrot on a stick.
- MC-90192 – Cannot control saddled pig at all.
Video made by slicedlime:
- 16w05b was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.