December 2, 2015
- Sound events
entity.hanging.place(Removed in 15w49b).
entity.hanging.pop(Removed in 15w49b).
aviateOneCm: Tracks the distance a player has glided using elytra.
- Powered rails and activator rails no longer transmit power to each other.
- Now drops any contained item when exiting the GUI.
- No longer accepts items from hoppers.
PaymentItemNBT tag removed.
- Breaks if lava is adjacent.
- Cactus on sand breaks if water or lava is in the block above.
- Cobwebs now catch snowballs, eggs, thrown potions, XP bottles, and ender pearls, causing the item form of the projectile to be dropped.
- Removed in 15w49b.
- Hitbox now changes as the plant grows.
- Are now placed facing left/right depending on which half of the block the player clicks on, unless neighboring doors cause them to place a certain way.
- Increased damage when flying into a wall.
- Now require air or replaceable blocks in the two blocks above the block it's being placed on.
- Can no longer be placed to intersect other entities.
- Chance of going out in rain increased by 20 percentage points (now 20% + 3 percentage points per age).
lit_furnaceblock is no longer available as an item.
- Bounding box changed, now 15/256 high (from 1/16) and inset from three edges of the block by 1/16.
- Unextended pistons, downward-facing pistons, and upward-facing piston extensions are now considered to have a solid top surface, like upside-down stairs and top-half slabs.
- Among other things, this means mobs can now spawn on them.
- Removed the distinction between "suspended" and "non-suspended": formerly, tripwire would work only if the whole stretch and both hooks were all above solid blocks or all not above solid blocks.
- Now appears in the Redstone tab of the Creative inventory instead of Decoration Blocks.
- Melons and glistering melons are now oriented the same way (Removed in 15w49b).
- Improved pathfinding
- Knockback no longer changes the Y-axis speed of flying and falling mobs.
- Cave spiders, endermites, magma cubes, silverfish, slimes, spiders, wither skeletons, zombies, zombie pigman
- Now fight back when hit by other mobs.
- Can no longer ride anything.
- Can no longer have status effects.
- Can no longer pick blocks from behind walls.
- Now rotates with the player.
- No longer float above the ground.
- No longer find shade to hide under if equipped with a helmet.
- Using shears on a snow golem removes the pumpkin head (and remove 1 durability from the shears).
- The pumpkin is not dropped.
- Arrow entity
- Now take the thrower's motion into account. For example, an arrow fired forward by a player in a speeding minecart flies faster relative to the ground, an arrow fired backward flies slower, and an arrow fired sideways has motion in the direction of minecart travel.
- Arrows that bounce off a target (e.g. a shield or a sitting dragon) and may be retrieved become dropped items if near zero momentum after being bounced.
- No longer collide with non-opaque blocks.
- Even non-opaque blocks that are solid, such as glass (see ).
- Are "caught" and converted to the item form by cobwebs.
- Now take the thrower's motion into account. For example, an arrow fired forward by a player in a speeding minecart flies faster relative to the ground, an arrow fired backward fly slower, and an arrow fired sideways has motion in the direction of minecart travel.
- SmallFireball entity
- No longer damages (or angers) fire-immune entities.
- In the 0.0000000001% chance that all 12 frame blocks generate with eyes already present, the portal is immediately activated.
- This means once again, it is possible to access the End without going to the Nether.
- Now auto-completes itself when pressing TAB.
- Now has an optional
playerparameter to specify which players can see the particle when inside the range. When left out, everyone in range can see the particles.
- Also added a
paramsparameter to specify particle parameters (for iconcrack_, …).
- Also added a
- Sound events
- Sweep attacks now do 1 damage to mobs affected by the knockback.
- The Infinity enchantment no longer affects spectral and tipped arrows.
- Sneaking now increases exhaustion by half as much as walking.
- Frost walker enchantment
- Now functions whenever the player is standing on ground, regardless of whether the ground is a solid block or not.
- No longer works on armor stands.
- No longer destroys item frames, leash knots, paintings, and armor stands.
- Health Boost effect now shows multiple red hearts instead of the one similar to Regeneration.
- Absorption effect now shows a single red heart with a yellow outline around it.
- Nausea effect now stops instantly when cleared using Milk or with commands.
- 93 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.9
- MC-729 – Zombies fight back only against players.
- MC-1973 – Items placed into a beacon are lost upon reloading a world.
- MC-3626 – Signs, sugar cane, vines, two-block plants and cobwebs cause glitchy mob behavior.
- MC-7519 – Clearing Nausea potion effect stops it, but purple portal tint remains.
- MC-8017 – Throwing eggs and snowballs though cobweb just hits it and breaks.
- MC-9074 – Command selector syntax does not recognize decimals.
- MC-18272 – Health Boost and Absorption effects have the same icon.
- MC-20431 – Player is floating above the saddle of a donkey.
- MC-33863 – Villagers rarely can turn to baby zombie villagers, or chicken jockey.
- MC-38307 – Lightning strike area-effect destroys item frames, paintings, and armor stands.
- MC-39098 – Endermen can pick up blocks behind walls.
- MC-46034 – Lava flows toward gaps even if they can't be reached.
- MC-48570 – Server-side resource packs do not show up in resource pack list.
- MC-50468 – Skeleton AI ignoring helmet – skeleton still stays in shadow.
- MC-50559 – Rain texture is upside-down.
- MC-55942 – Nether wart, wheat, carrot, and potato hitboxes reflect only first stage.
- MC-63129 – Baby zombies named "Dinnerbone" appear suspended in the air.
- MC-69328 –
/playsoundnot tab-completing sounds.
- MC-69834 – Metal ring misplaced at tripwire hook/does not move.
- MC-70327 – Blaze fireballs damage other blazes.
- MC-72156 – Tamed wolves attack when a wild wolf is hurt.
- MC-72368 – Cactus can be placed underwater, but doesn't break.
- MC-73370 – Trapped chests are in "Decoration Blocks".
- MC-75471 – Ocelots and rabbits run from you in Creative mode.
- MC-76045 – Clicking on a non-existing link target or deleted screenshot gives an error.
- MC-76975 – Pick block doesn't work on the dragon egg.
- MC-77224 –
/tpwith relative x rotation above 90° affects y rotation.
- MC-80148 – Custom model lighting irregularities (top & bottom faces)/each cuboid part of a model renders smooth lighting as if it were a full block.
- MC-80597 – Lit furnace still obtainable using the
- MC-81693 – Multiple items have missing (transparent) pixels.
- MC-81725 – ⇧ Shift+F3 menu remains on server disconnect.
- MC-82452 – Server resource packs not staying persistent.
- MC-85963 – Melon and glistering melon textures have different rotations.
- MC-87219 – Mob heads float above baby zombies that wear them.
- MC-89399 – If an end portal generates with 12 eyes in it, it is impossible to use it.
- MC-92983 – Slimes are incorrectly offset from actual position.
- MC-93289 – Level-up sound originates at position in world, not at player position.
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-62552 –
FallingSandshows alternate block textures while falling.
- MC-70306 – Can't put flower pot on piston.
- From the 1.9 development versions
- MC-83107 – Shulkers deflect arrows from the side but not the top; arrows glitchy when shot at the edge.
- MC-83174 – Zombies, zombie pigmen, ghasts, guardians, slimes, magma cubes, wither skeletons, spiders, cave spiders, silverfish and endermites do not attack when hit by other mobs.
- MC-83193 – Punching cake eats it.
- MC-83271 – Bosses are unaffected by potions or tipped arrows.
- MC-83599 – Arrow/item in offhand is still displayed while drawing bow in first person view.
- MC-83824 – Infinity enchantment works with potion tipped arrows.
- MC-83850 – Squid and ghasts are unaffected by levitation.
- MC-83896 – Shulkers can teleport into other shulkers.
- MC-83930 – End City spawns even when "Generate Structures" is set to false.
- MC-85117 – Shulkers teleport even after they're already dead.
- MC-85256 – Cauldrons are filled with water while snowing in biomes where it snows only above a certain height.
- MC-85756 – Blocks/items on mobs' heads turn red when the mob takes damage.
- MC-86305 –
AreaEffectCloudcan be pushed by pistons.
- MC-86385 – Leading zeroes omitted in tooltip on dyed leather armor color.
- MC-86951 – Drop item scoreboard objective increases when
- MC-86992 – A shulker floats a bit above ground.
- MC-87143 –
/setblocksigns with text put "null" on empty lines when reloading the world.
- MC-87242 – Librarian zombie villager robe texture is sometimes white instead of transparent.
- MC-87383 – Shulker hitbox height is too high.
- MC-87411 – Zombie villager leg has transparent pixels
- MC-87568 – Slimes with levitation can move.
- MC-87573 – Spawned slimes always move south (+Z) first.
- MC-88401 – Arrow blocked by shield can get stuck above the player.
- MC-88465 – Shields still show metadata in the tooltip.
- MC-88569 – Armor slots inconsistency:
/replaceitemrefers to 'chest' while
AttributeModifiers.Slotrefers to 'torso'.
- MC-89181 –
AreaEffectClouddoes not work with some particles, crashes with others.
- MC-90095 – Elytra goes invisible with player if potion is used.
- MC-90417 – Enderdragon can be a passenger on boats.
- MC-90587 – Frost Walker does not work on transparent blocks.
- MC-90601 – Using pick block on frosted ice gives a warning in the console.
- MC-90606 – Damage from hitting walls with Elytra is too small.
- MC-91061 – Loot table exceptions are not caught.
- MC-91177 – Rain puts out fires less often.
- MC-91264 – Right clicking a hoe or a shovel on grass or dirt plays the wrong sound.
- MC-91533 – Container minecarts with invalid loot table cannot be removed from world.
- MC-91543 – Multiple (unlimited) number of ender crystals placeable on one block at the same time.
- MC-91666 – Exploding creepers drop gunpowder when they set off an end crystal.
- MC-91756 – Beam target of end crystals on obsidian pillars does not update when ender dragon spawn sequence is stopped.
- MC-91807 – Having used the
/kill @e[type=EnderCrystal]instruction, the rebirth ceremony still continued execution.
- MC-92202 – Villagers stand outside opening and closing doors instead of entering.
- MC-92225 – Buggy AI for skeletons riding horses.
- MC-92309 – "Block Broken" closed caption is inaccurate.
- MC-92415 – Mob pathing issue – they appear to stop and travel in loops.
- MC-92451 – Beam detaching from end crystal as crystal levitates up and down.
- MC-92548 – Can't place certain blocks on marker armor stand.
- MC-92697 – Activator rails and powered rails power each other.
- MC-92784 – Some subtitles are unrelated to the sound.
- MC-92849 – Mob kills due to knockback from a sweep attack fail to reward experience.
- MC-92972 – Villagers don't go outside.
- MC-93107 – Shulkers still produce sound even when
- MC-93474 – Players can place end crystal in Adventure mode.
- From the previous development version
- MC-93118 – Some of the new textures' filesize is too big.
- MC-93119 – Survival player can obtain bedrock item.
- MC-93167 – Some textures jump and change rotation as the player moves closer or farther from them – easy to confirm with netherack in the Nether.
Video made by slicedlime:
- 15w49a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.