Minecraft Interactive Experience
Do you like this video?
April 30, 2014
14w18a is the twentieth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.8.
- Slime blocks will now push and pull blocks adjacent when connected to sticky pistons.
- Connected to normal pistons, slime blocks will only push blocks, but not pull them.
- Up to 12 slime blocks connected to a piston in any arrangement can be moved as long as the following conditions are met: blocks do not disrupt the chain, non-moveable blocks are not in the way or slime blocks are not attached to the piston itself.
- Follows all the rules that pistons follow, for example, blocks which can normally be moved by pistons can be moved if attached to slime blocks.
- Extending a piston with a slime block on top of it will launch the entity (mobs, players, items, launched arrows etc) into the air.
- Can now be placed on stained glass.
- 38 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-2346 – Hitbox of anvil not proportional.
- MC-3631 – Creepers float one-eighth of a block above the ground.
- MC-9553 – Wrong rendering order of particles, hitboxes, clouds, transparent blocks and breaking animations.
- MC-31728 – Resource pack glitch on shaders.
- MC-32017 – Maps issue + super secret settings.
- MC-34648 – Torch not placeable on stained glass.
- MC-36103 – Nether portal block invisible in front of another nether portal block.
- MC-47811 – The bottom texture of non-full blocks is flipped vertically.
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-46776 – When only a Spectator stays near mobs, they don't despawn.
- MC-48831 – "Reeds" model displays incorrectly.
- MC-48954 – When you kill invisible horse variants, the screen will turn red/black.
- MC-50073 – It is possible to change the missing block model.
- MC-50201 – Minecart glitch on rails.
- MC-50239 – Pick block on hydrated farmland gives dirt block with invalid data value (missing texture).
- MC-50510 – Burning furnace (Block 62) has wrong inventory image.
- MC-51379 – Rails render from below, but not correctly.
- MC-51934 – Lapis-Lazuli ore pick block.
- MC-52814 – dropper spawns items inside of itself with no velocity causing them to fly everywhere.
- From the previous development version
- MC-53370 – Any stone slabs on top of one another creates a double stone block.
- MC-53371 – Respawn button does not work if spawnpoint is outside of the world border.
- MC-53375 – Sheep give other color when sheared.
- MC-53381 – Player takes damage when world border is nearer than 179 blocks
- MC-53390 – Maximum value for the /worldborder command too low (30 million instead of 60 million).
- MC-53401 – redstone overlay gets tinted.
- MC-53405 – Singleplayer menu: only one click loads world.
- MC-53412 – The world border stops the player one block further away from the center in south/east direction.
- MC-53419 – Unable to create/load new heavily customized world.
- MC-53434 – Can place blocks outside world border.
- MC-53442 –
- MC-53460 – Redstone gives off no particles when being broken.
- MC-53464 – Scrollbar in all lists act weird/unresponsively.
- MC-53493 – Minecraft crashes when setting FixedBiome to hell.
- MC-53514 – Lava oceans setting does not work in customized world type.
- MC-53570 – Barrier particles fight for attention.
- MC-53580 – Crafting wool/clay/glass/dog collars results in the wrong color.
- MC-53616 – River generation dramatically increased in default world generation.
- MC-53773 – Cannot respawn outside world border.
- MC-53918 – Double-clicking server in server list no longer does anything.
- 14w18a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.
- "I don't think anyone has found it yet, so I'll go ahead and spoil it: Standing on a slime block that gets pushed up is lots of fun." – @Dinnerbone (Nathan Adams) on Twitter, April 30, 2014
- "A hint about one of the bugs I fixed for this week's snapshot, which should make people happy:" – @TheMogMiner (Ryan Holtz) on Twitter, April 30, 2014
- "Almost! Just particles for now. :D" – @TheMogMiner (Ryan Holtz) on Twitter, April 30, 2014