March 13, 2014
14w11a is the seventeenth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.8.
- Appearance is similar to a silverfish's appearance, except they are purple and emit ender particles.
- Endermen are hostile towards them.
- Sometimes spawn in place of an enderman teleporting away.
- Despawn after 2 minutes.
- Spawn with a 5 percent chance when an ender pearl lands.
- Not yet completed – endermites may have something to do with dragon eggs.
- Now internally use states instead of metadata.
- Metadata will still be used for a while.
- Block states of the block being looked at will now be displayed on the debug screen - Examples: redstone, door.
- Internally, metadata no longer needs to be calculated out of the 4-bit data value, instead, the values of specified properties can now be easily gotten and set.
- Block models
- Converted fence gates, brewing stands.
- Lighting now works with models (most models for some users).
- Dropped items now face the player in all three directions on fast graphics.
- Show two holes in their item icon.
- Now run away from exploding creepers.
- Walk slightly faster.
- Will occasionally stop before moving again (similar to most mobs).
- Seem to jump a bit more randomly.
- Changed minecart physics.
- Minecarts now go faster and farther.
- Improved collision and position handling.
- Minecarts can derail at corners if going too fast, as well as refuse to go uphill.
- They now give a much greater boost to other minecarts.
- When powered, they can move on non-powered rails without decelerating.
- Minecart with TNT explosions no longer stack.
- On the right hand side, a display shows up if you are looking at a block, giving various pieces of information and NBT data about it.
- Looking at a door and redstone shows you the state of the block.
- Door: which way it is facing, if it is open, which half you are looking at, if it is powered, and what side the hinge is.
- Redstone: power direction (up, down, side, none) for all compass directions (north, south, east, west) and power level.
- Not 100% complete, data for a lot of blocks still missing.
- 6 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-36822 – Minecart with command block merging.
- From the 1.8 development versions
- From the previous development version
- MC-50452 – Rails don't render from below.
- MC-50838 – Entity UUID WitherSkull.
- MC-50904 – ender man acting weird.
Pictures of fix to in block faces.
- 14w11a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.