September 26, 2013
- Generated on the lowest surface levels of the mesa biome.
- Behaves like normal sand.
- Can be smelted into glass and crafted into TNT, but cannot be crafted into sandstone.
- Can only be obtained using
/give @p 422,
/give @p hopper_command_blockor
- Activated by activator rails.
- Run their command every so often as long as they are powered - Running a command block minecart across a single powered activator rail at full speed will run its command thrice.
- Can be success-tested while on a detector rail with a redstone comparator next to the rail (just like how the minecart with chest and minecart with hopper can be fill-checked).
- Can now give multiple enchantments.
- Orange terracotta generates in place of sandstone, but not in the same type of formation.
- Now done using Log4j 2.
- Default logging location is now in logs/latest.logs, older logs are archived in logs/2013-09-23-1.lg.gz, with the number at the end increasing each startup.
- The way logs are saved can be changed, examples: html page, database, errors only, no logging at all.
- 9 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.7.2
- MC-673 – Sky/lighting doesn't get darker during a thunderstorm.
- MC-1105 – Villagers act like it is raining when they are in the desert, and it rains elsewhere.
- MC-28405 – The saddle equip sound effect does not play when equipping a pig with a saddle.
- From the 1.7.2 development versions
- MC-29521 – Rain doesn't make particles/sound in some biomes (extreme hills).
- MC-31418 – Snow golems die in extreme hills snow.
- MC-31432 – XP orb sound bug.
- MC-31438 – Enemy monster slider controls the sound of items entering one's inventory.
- From the previous development version
- MC-31932 – Hopper:
- MC-31947 – Hopper:
- 13w39a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.