January 24, 2013
- Mobs now show the name given to them, either by anviling on their Spawn Egg or external editors, above their head when the player looks directly at them within a circular 6 block radius.
- A new command feature.
- Not 100% done yet.
- The scoreboard can be used to track deaths, players killing another player, players killing something a mob, or players activating commands.
- The complicated system uses a combination of name, display name, and criteria, and track an integer number of points for players.
- Now use their name instead of @ in the chat.
- Now can face in all directions.
- Now equip players with armor from one block away.
- They now activate TNT.
- They now use bone meal.
- They now use flint and steel.
- Now can face in all directions.
- Can now be used with jukeboxes.
- Output signal strength relates to the disk number.
- 43:8 will now be the "smooth stone full half-slab block" and will remain so.
- Generally: If the top bit is set, the top texture will be used on all sides, also allowing for smooth sandstone full half-slab blocks (43:9).
- Held armor can be equipped by right-clicking.
- In this particular snapshot, this functionality is very faulty, prone to crashing and incorrect slot usage.
- It will be fixed in the next snapshot.
- No longer gives instant growth – instead, each use advances one growth stage:
- Gives off green particles when used.
- Note: Dinnerbone has stated that he still has to balance out this new bonemeal growth system.
- Mobs will not actively path over rails.
- The player can now hit mobs/players from five blocks away.
- 26 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.5
- MC-127 – Piston extended and retracted at the same time.
- MC-195 – Flowing water still drags the player while flying.
- MC-515 – Chest glitch that lets them appear as if they are opened while they are not.
- MC-519 – Achievements lost after update.
- MC-562 – Breeding cows can consume more than one wheat.
- MC-835 – In the server log,
/saycommands performed by the server do not appear to be in the console but do appear to the players.
- MC-1914 – Mob spawners sometimes show up as pig spawners.
- MC-2503 – Boats and minecarts should not be dropped in Creative.
- MC-3316 – Armor enchantments (besides Thorns) have no effect on mobs.
- MC-3981 – Dispensers no longer dispense item through blocks in the downward direction.
- MC-4052 – Powered redstone mechanisms react to change in redstone power level.
- From the 1.5 development versions
- MC-5742 – Redstone signals shortened by devices that output a shorter signal.
- MC-6069 – Server loading issue.
- MC-6118 – Monostable circuits only work in a North/South configuration.
- MC-6228 – Hopper doesn't accept items from second slot when container has different items in first slot.
- MC-6486 – Variable redstone strength causing strange update behavior.
- MC-6779 – Particle effects are messed up again...
- MC-6851 – Doorhandle position is in the wrong place.
- MC-6906 – Chest minecart won't deposit items in hoppers while moving.
- MC-6952 – Iron door stays powered when retrieving the redstone block.
- From the previous development version
- MC-7619 – If a minecart with hopper falls into the Void, the game will crash.
- MC-7627 – Changing the texture pack in game renders strange.
- MC-7663 – Hopper minecart behaves like they are on powered activator rail if they never touched one.
- MC-7668 – Using pick block on Minecart with TNT or hopper gives you just a minecart.
- MC-7940 – Wrong death message of renamed mobs spawned by dispensers.
- MC-8042 – Minecart with hopper is not placed on rail.
- MC-1794 (comment 40630) – Nathan Adams on Mojira, January 28, 2013.