Java Edition 12w50a
December 13, 2012
- Added 3 new textures:
- Added tool highlight when switching items in the hotbar.
- Renamed items will display the changed name.
- To disable it, open
- Added Thorns enchantment for armor.
- When hit by a mob, the mob will receive damage.
- Item entities are rendered as 3D objects in the world when in Fancy graphics mode.
- This includes items placed in item frames.
- Items now show their enchantments when dropped on the ground.
- Tweaked the effect the item gives and sounds.
- Protection is no longer as effective as all the other Protection enchantments combined.
- Unbreaking can be applied to anything with durability using enchanted books.
- Pressing CTRL+Q by default (Or the "Drop" button if changed in controls), the player drops a full stack instead of one item.
- Added a notice/warning for users still playing on PowerPCs or Java 5 (Java 1.5).
- MC-255 – Graphical issue with trading.
- MC-312 – Item textures of spawn eggs and firework stars not aligned properly when stacked.
- MC-674 – Items different only in damage cannot be swapped.
- MC-1626 – Z-fighting in beacon block bottom.
- MC-1959 – Placing double slabs ignore damage values.
- MC-1969 – minecarts cant travel through nether portals.
- MC-3593 – Lightning does not flash.
- MC-4499 – Beacon tiers do not work at y=0.
- MC-4510 – Enchantment not showing in item frame.
- From the previous development version
- MC-4193 – Firework star duplication glitch.
- MC-4199 – Deaths not logged to console.
- MC-4200 – The Nether and the End generating random blocks clientside in multiplayer.
- MC-4203 – Enchanted Books: Unenchantable item can receive any enchantment.
- MC-4433 – Falling sand spawners failing to save properly, and causing crashes.