Java Edition 12w49a
December 7, 2012
- New kind of slab.
- Made by using 3 nether brick blocks in a horizontal line.
- Came from a suggestion at Minecon 2012.
- Used for enchanting items.
- In this snapshot due to a bug, any item could be given any enchantment in survival mode using an anvil.
- New kind of shootable projectible.
- Sound effects will come soon.
- Fireworks are customizable by crafting
- Used for crafting firework rockets.
- When holding sneak, the player can place blocks and items (like redstone, repeaters, and levers) directly onto blocks such as crafting tables, furnaces, and dispensers.
- Can be harvested utilizing Silk Touch shears.
- Falling Block behavior has changed - they are no longer capable of infinitely producing dropped items at high coordinate values.
- 16 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.4.6
- MC-96 – using the number keys to move an item out of a furnace does not give XP.
- MC-256 – Mobs can still revert farmland to dirt even if mobGriefing gamerule is set on false.
- MC-498 – Setting an enderman on fire with flint and steel, or lava, will not make it teleport away.
- MC-721 – Animals on fire do not flee.
- MC-1140 – Boats always get placed in the same direction and not based on how they get placed.
- MC-1240 – Endermen cannot dodge flame arrow. When the arrow is shot the Enderman moves out of the way but is still set on fire.
- MC-1311 – When entering the Nether, the game auto-selects the first item on the toolbar.
- MC-1847 – Leaves have the incorrect tool tip.
- MC-2145 – "Drowning" in Creative mode.
- MC-2504 – Enchant command cannot enchant with ID 0 (Protection).
- MC-3332 – The XP level-up sound, which appears every 5 levels, does not play.
- MC-3490 – Minecarts and falling entities flicker.
- MC-3501 – Passive mob spawn eggs are not consumed upon use.
- MC-3565 – Endermen do not open their mouth when attacked by other mobs.
- MC-4069 – Pressing F3 + B displays hitboxes rendering invisibility potions useless.
- MC-4117 – The wither can sometimes destroy its own star due to the posthumous detonation of wither skulls.