March 30, 2016
1.9.1 is an update for Minecraft (Java Edition) released on March 30, 2016. 1.9.1 is not compatible with 1.9 servers. Due to a major multiplayer bug, 1.9.1 was replaced with 1.9.2 on the same day.
- New armor attribute:
generic.armorToughness, which includes a new formula for calculating damage:
- Increased toughness means less armor defense point reduction from strong attacks.
- Diamond armor has toughness 2, all other armor has toughness 0. A full set of diamond armor, therefore gives a toughness attribute of 8.
- Added sound effects while gliding with elytra.
- Sound event
- Sound event
- Dispensers with arrows in jungle temples now use loot tables.
- Increased limit per tick for scheduled tile ticks from 1,000 to 65,536.
- Can now push and pull items to and from chests that are blocked from opening.
- No longer take damage when blocking weak attacks (less than 3 damage).
- AI has been improved.[more information needed]
- Now shoot less quickly on Easy and Normal difficulties.
- The GUI name is now the same as the item's display name.
- Entity selector
c(count) now sorts on proximity using true coordinates, not coordinates snapped to the grid.
- Attack cooldown indicator is now enabled by default.[note 1]
- Session IDs
- Are no longer printed by the game to the log files or to the launcher.
- 13 issues fixed
- From release versions older than 1.9
- MC-7961 – Hopper can't fill or empty a chest if the chest is blocked from opening.
- MC-56162 – Setting
/worldborder damage amount 0doesn't work.
- MC-95352 – Spatial target arguments
dzbehave unexpectedly and inconsistently.
- From release version 1.9
- MC-90257 – A chain of command blocks may take more than 1 tick to traverse.
- MC-93074 – Summoned arrows can't be assigned a scoreboard value (too many arrows/spectral arrows cause command fail).
- MC-96219 – Block duplication bug with pistons (ghost blocks).
- MC-96927 – Selector
c=targeting inaccurate entity position.
- MC-98327 – Elytra texture transparency issues.
- MC-98461 – Several languages (at least Frisian, Talossan, Ripuarian, Lojban, and LOLCAT) are not selectable, "Eesti (Eesti)" is listed as "Inglise (US)".
- MC-98587 – Command block logic sometimes fails arbitrarily.
- MC-99060 – Elytra glowing effect is always black.
- MC-99697 – Missnamed minecarts with hoppers and chests as "
- From the 1.9.1 development versions
- MC-99396 – Players attack animation missing.
- Other fixes
- Fixed game engine adding non-existent entities (failed mob spawns, etc.) to its internal lists, increasing instability.
Video made by slicedlime:
- Players who already played previous 1.9 versions may still need to manually enable the crosshair option (or delete options.txt to reset the default values).
- "Elytras have sounds? Well, in 1.9.1 pre-release 1 they do. Read about that (and more) at http://www.mojang.com/2016/03/minecr…" – @SeargeDP on Twitter, March 9, 2016
- "Minecraft 1.9.1" (Archive) by Searge – Mojang.com, March 30, 2016.
c=targeting inaccurate entity position – Selector
- – Session ID is shown as "<censored>" in launcher but correctly written into log file
- "Paper patch 0078" – https://github.com/starlis/Paper/blob/b2dd99e74e91fbe5f7c28fe29faa58b7162c1aa6/Spigot-Server-Patches/0078-Optimize-Navigation-Listener.patch