April 17, 2015
1.8.4 is an update to Minecraft which was released on April 17, 2015, to fix various exploits and important security vulnerabilities, as well as some other minor issues. 1.8.4 is compatible with 1.8 – 1.8.3 servers.
- No longer follow players in Spectator mode.
- Traveling through no longer places the player outside the portal.
- Skin customization.
- Player head skins can no longer be loaded from arbitrary servers.
- They must now be loaded from the official Mojang servers.
- Player head skin files are now required to be a .png file.
- 14 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-10979 – Hardcore single player has repeating screens and weird links.
- From 1.8
- MC-46771 – Pets follow player in Spectator.
- MC-61758 – Vines no longer spread correctly in corners.
- MC-61895 – Crash when putting the default spawn egg in monster spawner.
- MC-68642 – Certain characters cannot be typed on certain keyboard layouts ("AltGr" behaving like "Ctrl").
- From 1.8.1
- MC-73504 – Nether portals place players two blocks beside the portal.
- MC-77371 – Mac OS X weird keyboard when native Fullscreen.
- MC-78020 – "User (formerly known as olduser) has joined" shows multiple times.
- From 1.8.3
- MC-78491 – Custom player heads exposing player's IP address.
- MC-79152 – Security vulnerabilities involving skulls.
- MC-79468 – 3D item model glitch.
- MC-79612 – NBT accounting incorrectly allows for giant allocations of empty lists.
- Private issues
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.8.4 Security Release" (Archive) by Dinnerbone – Mojang.com, April 17, 2015.
- "That exploit posted last night is fixed in 1.8.4, but so are other (arguably worse) exploits. Be sure to update!" – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, April 17, 2015