Java Edition 1.7.6-pre1
April 3, 2014
1.7.6-pre1 is the first pre-release for Java Edition 1.7.6.
- Skins and capes are now distributed through servers.
- Skins server outages will occur less frequently and have less impact.
- Skin changes will no longer require client restarting, at worst re-logging will update the skin for everybody.
- Server-altered skins/capes are not possible - only signed URLs are stored server-side.
- Duplicate skins no longer need to be downloaded twice.
- Server traffic will barely be affected.
- Name Changing
- Added support for name changing.
- The Server Resource Packs option is now per-server, and has three settings: Prompt, Enabled, and Disabled.
- The minimum setting for the FOV option is now 30 instead of 70.
From released versions before 1.7.6
- – Holes in bedrock and Replaced any block using Arbitrary tnt and flame bows
- - Save-all causes lagspikes on larger maps
- - Broadcast settings - report to Mojang, links to previous bug reporting facility
- - "replace" directive in sounds.json does not work
- - Almost instant motion sickness due to distorted rendering
- 1.7.6-pre1 is the first pre-release which uses the new naming convention, version-pren. Previous versions incremented the minor version number instead of the pre-release counter.
- This version was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.