Java Edition 1.7.6
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post it on this page's talk page.
April 9, 2014
1.7.6 was a minor update to Minecraft (Java Edition) that was released on April 9, 2014, which implemented a new player skin system and support for player name changing. It is incompatible with 1.7.2–1.7.5 servers. It was replaced the same day by 1.7.7 to fix a major bug, and then again the next week by 1.7.8 and 1.7.9.
- Improved 'configure' screen.
- Can now OP players from the config screen.
- Easier to invite and uninvite players.
- New button to close and unclose realm.
- Name changing
- Support for name changing.
- The server resource packs option is now per-server, and has three settings: prompt, enabled, and disabled.
- The minimum setting for the FOV option is now 30 instead of 70.
- Skins and capes are now distributed through servers.
- Skins server outages will occur less frequently and have less impact.
- Skin changes will no longer require client restarting, at worst re-logging will update the skin for everybody.
- Server-altered skins and capes are not possible - only signed URLs are stored server-side.
- Duplicate skins no longer need to be downloaded twice.
- Server traffic will barely be affected.
- 7 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.7.2
- MC-31468 – Holes in bedrock and Replaced any block using Arbitrary TNT and flame bows.
- MC-33086 – Save-all causes lag spikes on larger maps.
- From the 1.7.x release versions
- MC-40615 – Child animals obsessed about their parents, even after growing up.
- MC-47723 – Broadcast settings - report to Mojang, links to previous bug reporting facility.
- MC-48826 – "replace" directive in sounds.json does not work.
- MC-51206 –
Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Can't place skulls in multiplayer.
- MC-51953 – Almost instant motion sickness due to distorted rendering.
The json date is 18 minutes before our jar.
- 1.7.6 is the first version since 1.0.0 to use explicit pre-release labeling.
- 1.7.6 is the first version to use the "-pre" notation for pre-releases.
- "Minecraft 1.7.8" (Archive) by Searge – Mojang.com, April 9, 2014.
- "Minecraft snapshot 14w10a" (Archive) by Dinnerbone – Mojang.com, March 6, 2014.