Pre-release: December 28, 2012
A pre-release of 1.4.7 was released on December 28, 2012, though the full release of 1.4.7 is identical to this pre-release, including compilation date. The pre-release is the final version released in 2012.
- Fixed joining a server, and leaving it, then trying to connect to any server crashing the game under certain conditions.
- Fixed bold text taking up lots of space sometimes.
- Fixed the server crashing when an arrow shot from a dispenser hits a mob/player with Thorns enchant on their armor.
- Fixed a multiplayer crash when using fireworks without a fireworks star.
- Fixed long timeout when checking SRV records, and fireworks bug in creative.
- Fixed lighting glitch with redstone torches.
From released versions before 1.4.7
- – Joining a server, and leaving it, then trying to connect to any server crashes the game.
- – When killing the spider first in a spider jockey, the skeleton turns invisible.
- – Falling sand entities with water or lava as block ids do not render properly.
- – UDP Query Protocol does not properly unpack/pack integers, session IDs are not returned correctly.
- – Sneak fails when placing slab on slab.
- – Torches don't light the block that they are attached to when there is a block on top and at the sides of them.
- – Signs remaining blank after edit in single player.
- – Crash when using spawned in firework / Server kicks you with an End of Stream error.
- – Bold text takes up lots of space sometimes.
- – Crash on thorn enchant from arrow in dispenser.
- – Minecraft client crashing frequently since Christmas.
- – Anvil eats items when using the number keys to move stacks into it.
- The pre-release of 1.4.7 was released on the latest calendar date out of all pre-releases, on December 28.
- 1.4.7 was released on the earliest calendar year out of all release versions in the full Java Edition release, on January 9.
- "Minecraft 1.4.7 Pre-release" (Archive) by Jens Bergensten – Mojang.com, December 28, 2012.