Pre-release: November 16, 2012
- 74 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.4.5
- MC-113 – Wolves will teleport to player when player goes far enough from where the wolves are and the chunk unloads.
- MC-161 – Random floating gravel.
- MC-168 – Lag on some superflat maps.
- MC-169 – Pickup sound after following arrow into portal.
- MC-232 – Wolf attacks once, then stops attacking.
- MC-245 – When the player builds a 1x1 tower, sometimes they would glitch through a block and fall down.
- MC-274 – [Multiplayer only] When using water on mob heads, for some players the head appears to be a skeleton.
- MC-280 – Die suffocated on the wall.
- MC-305 – Blocks are not shaded when selected in beacon GUI.
- MC-332 – Pet dog / cat randomly falls on certain blocks and dies.
- MC-333 – Invisibility on riding entities not working properly.
- MC-343 – Animals getting stuck in blocks and die.
- MC-356 – Chunks won't load after
- MC-396 – Players falling through half-slabs.
- MC-481 – Entities of players and mobs stay after leaving/exploding.
- MC-520 – Cave sounds being cut off.
- MC-596 – Getting hurt by skeletons when in peaceful.
- MC-730 – Slimes having choppy movement.
- MC-733 – Extreme frame-rate drop.
- MC-734 – Wither skeletons not spawning in pre-generated fortresses.
- MC-759 – Arrows shot into bottom of block cannot be picked back up.
- MC-773 – Partial transparent entity.
- MC-851 – Memory leak when running a small server.
- MC-898 – Zombies would be invisible to the player.
- MC-901 – Teleporting using a Command Block and pressure plates occasionally stick a player into a block.
- MC-903 – Client crash when logging in to 1.4.2 server.
- MC-928 – Wood block doesn't break.
- MC-946 – Command Blocks losing command data on multiplayer.
- MC-968 – Back from the Nether glitch.
- MC-978 – Maps in item frame in multiplayer.
- MC-993 – After the server has had 24 hours of runtime, it would start spamming "Console stack trace :: Invalid argument".
- MC-994 – Minecraft sound glitch.
- MC-1031 – Can place blocks but cannot break solid blocks.
- MC-1043 – Issue with dropping frames in 1.4.2.
- MC-1059 – Bug that does not allow players to play on their server.
- MC-1074 – FPS fluctuation after going into the Nether on a custom superflat.
- MC-1173 –
java.lang.ClassCastException: amg cannot be cast to amb.
- MC-1232 – Blocks drop when you place a torch on them and mine them for a few seconds.
- MC-1282 – Cannot exit nether portal in nether while open trap doors are adjacent to the portal.
- MC-1289 – Zombie fall damage is irregular.
- MC-1296 – Sound bug with arrows in water.
- MC-1346 – Shooting a bow while in a boat causes the shot to be way off.
- MC-1477 – Spider jockey skeleton takes damage in daylight, but does not appear to be on fire.
- MC-1479 – Can't click in creative menu to get an item from it, must use keyboard.
- MC-1557 – Enchanted items should appear enchanted when dropped on the ground.
- MC-1563 – Command blocks teleporting wrong.
- MC-1621 – Ender Chests still have the old collision box and bounding box.
- MC-1919 – Tamed wolves won't get up.
- MC-1965 – Double Digit Maps erase info on earlier maps.
- MC-1997 – Spawners (edit: and possibly other blocks) disappear when torches are removed.
- MC-2118 – When using 'pick block' on leaves, even though are already leaves in hotbar, you will get a new leaves block in the first empty slot.
- MC-2132 – In a Superflat world, the player would overstep the ground, and would then have to fly and break the soil to pass up.
- MC-2151 – When the player re-opens their game, it puts them in another location from where they were when they closed the game.
- MC-2158 – Roughly every 24 hours, Minecraft server enters a state where players cannot connect.
- MC-2170 – Dispensers are firing towards one side depending on the direction.
- MC-2259 – Stacking anvil graphical glitch.
- MC-2401 – On SMP When using a shovel to destroy dirt/sand no block lag, without a shovel block lags.
- MC-2458 – Boats can pass through walls.
- MC-2497 – Weird random flames from torches/spawners are appearing.
- MC-2498 – Spawning baby wolves from wild ones.
- MC-2500 – Spawning baby villagers creates farmer baby villagers only.
- MC-2507 – Entering IPv6 server crashes the client.
- MC-2508 – Last page of
- MC-2513 – Flying bug with damage.
- MC-2590 – Entities teleporting to and from origin in multiplayer.
- MC-2704 – Potion bubbles glitch when you're in minecart.
- MC-2796 – Enchanted pickaxe works better than shovel.
- MC-2910 – 1285 Out of Memory ### GL ERROR ###.
- MC-3003 – Skeleton will always pick up items.
- MC-3163 – Rail turnout bug.
- MC-3239 – Spawner flame remaining.
- MC-4525 – In full screen mode the panorama background on the menu screen is not shown.
- MC-4552 – Firework crackline effect sound not playing when multiple rockets explode.
- Fixed LAN servers not connecting correctly.
1.4.5 was re-released 4 days after its initial prerelease to fix.
- "Minecraft 1.4.5 Pre-release" (Archive) by Jens Bergensten – Mojang.com, November 16, 2012.
- "The Minecraft 1.4.5 snapshot has been updated by Mojang. MCP needs to be updated to support the new version. I'll stream it in 8-9 hours." – @SeargeDP on Twitter, November 19, 2012