Java Edition 1.4.4
Pre-release: November 8, 2012
A pre-release version of 1.4.4 was released on November 8, 2012, though the full release of 1.4.4 is identical to this pre-release.
- Implemented the music disc "wait".
- This music disc was originally added to the game's files in Beta 1.9 Prerelease 2 named "where are we now", but could not be implemented due to issues with the spaces in its name, so it has been renamed to "wait".
- F3 + B now shows the hitbox around entities.
- At this point, the hitbox is white and opaque and does not have an outline.
- When in creative mode, flying through cobwebs does not slow the player down, but walking through them will.[note 1]
- Water now completely negates all fall damage.
- Baby mobs
- Now die when they are not underwater.[note 1]
- Wall block collision boxes no longer lose precision at extreme coordinates.
- This is almost certaintly due to the fix for .
- 31 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.4.4
- MC-334 – Tab key not working for any function on Mac.
- MC-450 – Chicken head movement is inverted.
- MC-527 – "seed" command does not work in Minecraft server command line.
- MC-984 –
Internal exception: java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 249.
- MC-1079 – Killing animals with fire aspect on the first hit does not cook the drops.
- MC-1153 – Torch texture is rendered incorrectly.
- MC-1478 – Walking from ground level onto anvil.
- MC-1622 – Enderchest does not have the right hitbox.
- MC-1793 – Nether Brick Fence has an incorrect texture.
- MC-1860 – Block and item duplication.
- MC-2229 – Fences are not rendered correctly from underneath.
- MC-2362 – Item frames disappear without drop when a block is placed in their position.
- MC-2422 – Pistons are invisible and make blocks invisible while pushing.
- From the 1.4.4 pre-releases
- MC-1608 – Iron golems crash the player when they walk.
- MC-1611 – Torches do not place properly, get adjacent to wall.
- MC-1612 – Water current too strong / cannot swim up in deep water.
- MC-1647 – Cannot fall into void.
- MC-1661 – Crash when placing minecart on powered rail.
- MC-1741 – Loading a world that has been moved or deleted causes a crash.
- MC-1745 – player can jump over cobblestone walls.
- MC-1789 – Squids do not suffocate on land.
- MC-1845 – Crash when rendering entities.
- MC-1871 – Running on leaves produces gray particles.
- MC-2304 – Redstone repeaters above 1 tick do not receive a pulse at all when sent a 1-tick pulse from redstone wire or repeaters.
- MC-2400 – Mobs and items become invisible after the player dies.
- MC-2447 – Cannot break block behind gravel, sand, dirt with Efficiency V diamond pickaxe.
- Other issues
- Random falling damage due to lag fixed.
- Falling damage when riding minecarts fixed.
- Enchanted book exploit fixed.
- Slimes have correct collision box.
- Signs no longer lose their text client-side on servers.
- This change occurred between the 1.4.3 pre-release and the full release of 1.4.4.
- "Minecraft 1.4.4 is out!" (Archive) by Jens Bergensten – Mojang.com, November 14, 2012.
- "Minecraft 1.4.4 Pre-release" (Archive) by Jens Bergensten – Mojang.com, November 8, 2012.
- – "Players and mobs do not die from great heights in shallow water" – resolved as "Works as Intended"