Java Edition 1.2
February 29, 2012
- New type of stone bricks.
- Creative-exclusive block.
- Two new textures have been added to the
terrain.pngfile. They look similar to sandstone but instead they contain hieroglyphics. These blocks have not been added to the game yet.
- Now have sounds.
- When crafting ladders, the player will now get 3 instead of 2.
- When crafting slabs, the player will now get 6 instead of 3.
- Can now be placed upside-down when placed against the bottom of a block.
- Removed camera controls accidentally added in 12w08a.
- F3 debug screen
- Pressing F3 now displays what biome the player is currently in.
- Raw, sky & block brightness values called rl, sl & bl respectively.
21 bugs fixed
- Nerfed iron golem spawn rate.
- Fixed bug with updating powered rail when placing redstone.
- Fixed stairs being placed upside down when placed on snow.
- Fixed not being able to put torches on upside-down stairs, probably normal stairs too.
- Fixed jukeboxes not playing above level 128.
- Fixed not being able to grow huge mushrooms above level 128.
- Fixed bug with growing trees above level 128 with bone meal.
- Fixed crash bug with iron golem building.
- When building an iron golem, the block above them is no longer destroyed.
- Fixed tamed wolves still attacking sheep.
- Fixed some language bugs.
- Fixed some Anvil bugs.
- Fixed the client not properly handling biome values greater than 22.
- Fixed mobs spawning half as quick due to the code checking in invalid spawning places half of the time due to the new world height.
- Fixed lava lakes generating over bedrock.
- Fixed iron Golem's texture being white or invisible.
- Fixed the iron Golem model.
- Fixed villagers being restless at night.
- Fixed nether wart dropping from soul sand.
- Fixed lag from iron golems.
- Iron golems no longer drown.
- 1.2 is the first version to be released on a leap day.
- "Minecraft 1.2 Preview" (archived) by Jens Bergensten – Mojang.com, February 29, 2012.