Minecraft 1.19 Pre-release 1
May 18, 2022
- Item interaction vibrations are now emitted when player starts or finishes "using" an item with a start and finish state (such as bows, crossbows, goat horns, shields, food).
- Item interaction vibrations are now ignored when sneaking.
- Now activates upon entities being summoned by a spawner.
- Added the following game events that the sculk sensor reacts to, along with corresponding frequency value:
note_block_playwith a vibration frequency of 6.
instrument_playwith a vibration frequency of 15.
- The ID of the
britishcat variant has been renamed to
- Now spawn from light level 0 to 11 in the nether, which is wider range than before.
- The spawning change introduced in the previous snapshot has been reverted.
- Now require a full solid surface on the block they are spawning on.
- Dimension types now have two new fields for controlling monster spawns.
monster_spawn_block_light_limitis an integer controlling the block light needed to prevent monster spawns.
monster_spawn_light_levelis an int provider which is evaluated to find a value to compare the current overall brightness with to determine if a monster should be allowed to spawn.
- Slightly reduced the number of mangrove trees (25 attempts per chunk to place a tree, down from 30).
- The parent advancement of the "It Spreads" advancement is changed from "Adventure" to "Monster Hunter".
- Auto-completion is now available for the
- Renamed the "Only Show Signed Chat" chat option to "Only Show Secure Chat".
- Also updated its description.
- The description of the FOV effects setting now correctly mentions all gameplay effects rather than only speed effects.
- Custom servers can now enable or disable chat preview for certain clients by sending a new network packet.
- The message when opening the Realms menu in a snapshot version has been changed from "Your client is outdated and not compatible with Realms. Please update to the most recent version of Minecraft." to "Your client is not compatible with Realms. Please use the most recent version of Minecraft. Realms is not compatible with snapshot versions.".
- Removed the temporary server property
- Equipping armor using the inventory now plays a sound.
- Placing items that aren't armor (such as pumpkins and skulls) in the headwear slot now plays a generic equip sound.
entity.frog.toungesound event is now correctly named as
#default_spawnscat variant tag has been updated to contain
item_interact_finishgame events to the
#ignore_vibrations_sneakinggame event tag.
instrument_playgame event to the
#warden_can_listengame event tags.
- 43 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.19
- MC-45838 – Certain chat messages exceed 32767 byte limit and disconnect clients.
- MC-94060 – Equipping armor/elytra through inventory or dispenser doesn't play sounds.
- MC-134892 –
PacketBuffer.writeString's max length is in bytes, while
readStringis in characters.
- MC-209222 – Attempting to open the Minecraft Realms menu claims that the client is outdated, even if the snapshot may be newer than the release.
- MC-210279 – Sculk sensors are not activated upon entities being summoned by a spawner.
- MC-213915 – Equipping armor through the inventory does not count as a vibration.
- MC-218222 – Distance value for Sculk Sensors is limited to integers.
- MC-225195 – Goats don't panic when tempted with their favorite food.
- MC-230735 – "FOV Effects" setting description is innacurate.
- From the 1.19 development versions
- MC-249141 – No subtitles are produced upon frogs stepping.
- MC-249164 – The
entity.frog.toungesound is misspelled.
- MC-249209 – Frogs don't panic when tempted with their favorite food.
- MC-249260 – Tadpoles are not tempted by slime balls.
- MC-249328 – Frogs can jump around while being tempted with slimeballs.
- MC-249456 – Tadpoles drop experience, unlike other baby mobs.
- MC-249619 – The comparator frequency of sculk sensors when you are stepping on it is the last frequency it heard.
- MC-249711 – Items collected off the ground by allays travel too high above their hitboxes.
- MC-249757 – 'It Spreads' advancement is not a child of 'Monster Hunter'.
- MC-249834 – Swapping items to the player's off-hand can generate vibrations.
- MC-249980 – The Birthday Song advancement description doesn't capitalise the word Cake.
- MC-250006 – ID of the british cat doesn't match texture name.
- MC-250019 – Sculk catalyst triggers when a villager converts into zombie villager by a zombie.
- MC-250317 – The subtitle for picking up a Tadpole with a bucket is the generic "Bucket fills" subtitle.
- MC-250351 –
/tp"argument" duplicated on the tab options.
- MC-250919 – The server crashes when attempting to load chunks that contain command blocks that consist of large numbers of characters within the previous output field.
- MC-250932 – Goat horn subtitles are improperly capitalized.
- MC-250940 – Goat horn playing isn't detected as a vibration.
- MC-251132 – Server logs "Game test server" messages.
- MC-251312 – Entity selectors in
/saycommands are no longer evaluated.
- MC-251355 – Potted mangrove propagule model is incorrect.
- MC-251405 – Structure Block messages are formatted as chat.
- MC-251479 – Duplicate object key [lang file].
- MC-251550 – Failed to launch the game on 32-bit operating system.
- From the previous development version
- MC-251640 –
io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderExceptionwhen using special characters in chat message.
- MC-251641 – Game crash regarding warden anger.
- MC-251647 – Chat closes itself if the control for Open Chat is set to ↵ Enter.
- MC-251649 – Clicking "incomplete command" message removes
- MC-251650 – Iron golems can spawn on non spawnable blocks such as leaves, glass, sea lanterns, etc.
- MC-251652 – Warden emerge/roar/sonic charge/dig animation (and possibly other similar animations) don't start unless the player looks at the Warden first.
- MC-251656 –
/saycommand fails to apply server message styling when sent from a command block, server console, or RCON, unlike
- MC-251690 – Wardens can spawn on any non-full block, as long as it's solid.
- MC-251762 – You can run commands with double slash prefix.
- MC-251773 – The
--devargument for the data generators no longer converts NBT to SNBT properly.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.19 Pre-Release 1" – Minecraft.net, May 18, 2022