June 30, 2022
1.19.1 Pre-release 2 (known as 1.19.1-pre2 in the launcher) is the second pre-release for Java Edition 1.19.1, released on June 30, 2022, which adds chat trust status, makes changes to chat types, enforces secure profiles by default, and fixes bugs.
- Messages that are not signed with the Secure Chat system, or have been tampered with by the server will now be marked.
- Messages with missing or invalid signatures are marked as "Not Secure".
- Messages that are detected as modified are marked as "Modified".
- The trust status of messages are displayed with both a colored indicator and an icon.
- The colored indicator is always visible.
- The icon is only visible when the chat screen is open.
- Hovering over the icon will provide more information about the trust status.
- For modified messages, the original secure text will also be displayed in the tooltip.
- Chat types added to the
chat_typesregistry are now only used for player chat, and not system messages.
game_infochat types have been removed.
- Chat types have been simplified and are now only required to define
- Chat types no longer support overlays.
- A system message should instead be used to display overlays.
enforce-secure-profileis now defaulted to true for dedicated servers.
- 7 issues fixed
- From the 1.19.1 development versions
- MC-253112 – The game output console is logged with warnings regarding chat packets with invalid signatures when using entity selectors within commands.
- MC-253121 – Entities and other non-player chat message sources appear as players on the Select Chat Messages to Report screen.
- From the previous development version
- MC-253493 – The descriptions of report categories can once again overlap the "Description:" subtitle.
- MC-253495 – Selection boxes of fields within the "Select Report Category" menu list don't contain white outlines when selected using the Tab ↹ key.
- MC-253497 – Entities and other non-player chat message sources appear in the Social Interactions menu.
- MC-253501 – Long messages within the "Select Chat Messages to Report" menu can extend beyond selection boxes and past the scroll bar.
- MC-253517 – Online players cannot connect to offline server because "invalid profile public key signature".
- This is the first pre-release to come out after a release candidate for the same version.
- "Minecraft 1.19.1 Pre-Release 2" – Minecraft.net, June 30, 2022