September 8, 2021
|Experimental snapshot for|
1.18 experimental snapshot 7 is the seventh and final experimental snapshot for Java Edition 1.18, released on September 8, 2021, which introduces changes to terrain generation and tweaks to elytra due to various server chunk loading issues.
- No longer take durability damage when gliding, only when boosting with firework rockets.
- Decreased the firework rocket boost on an elytra from 30 blocks per second to 26 blocks per second.
- Now break when the item reaches 0 durability.
- Noodle caves are no longer capped at y=130, allowing cave openings and cracks in mountain peaks.
- Slightly smoothened the terrain by lowering the noise.
Video made by slicedlime:
This version is not supported on the bug tracker, and therefore issues affecting it will be resolved as "Invalid".
- "New world generation in Java available for testing" by Henrik Kniberg. Minecraft.net, September 8, 2021
- "Minecraft 1.18 experimental snapshot 7 is out!" – u/MrHenrik2 on Reddit, September 8, 2021
- Unzip this file in the .minecraft/versions folder.